So when are we starting this season?

70% of D1 teams make the NCAA tourney? But wait 66%, or 2/3 of D1 schools will fold if there isnt 2 tourneys in a row? What must all those CBI tourney schools do, when it costs them money to go play those?
You drunk ?? Lol.

Tourney generally provides 600M plus a year in revenue split between the conferences. Last years insurance payout was 225M. Mid majors and low majors can't afford to miss another tourney payout and remain operational going forward. Making or missing the tourney isn't relevant. Conferenves get paid either way. Having the tourney is vital this year or we are going to lose a ton of D1 programs

You drunk ?? Lol.

Tourney generally provides 600M plus a year in revenue split between the conferences. Last years insurance payout was 225M. Mid majors and low majors can't afford to miss another tourney payout and remain operational going forward. Making or missing the tourney isn't relevant. Conferenves get paid either way. Having the tourney is vital this year or we are going to lose a ton of D1 programs
Youre the one pulling completely arbitrary numbers out of your ass. 70% this, and 2/3 that.

Youre full of shit that the majority of schools basketball programs will simply no longer exist, because of missing NCAA tournements. It a stupid statement.

Please stop, and dont move goal posts. Thats a ridiculous statement. My point was there are how many schools? 300+ basketball programs? 64 make the tourney. So what about the other 200+ that dont? What about the conference programs that dont get shit from thw tourney, perpetually, because they are never in it? Like the mwc, makes shit from the tourney. They live on!

Basketball costs a fraction of what football does. Even now, with testing, and protocols, is exponentially cheaper to run basketball.

So why do you think programs are going to simply go away, if there is not tourney thisbyear? What schools?

Youre the one pulling completely arbitrary numbers out of your ass. 70% this, and 2/3 that.

Youre full of shit that the majority of schools basketball programs will simply no longer exist, because of missing NCAA tournements. It a stupid statement.

Please stop, and dont move goal posts. Thats a ridiculous statement. My point was there are how many schools? 300+ basketball programs? 64 make the tourney. So what about the other 200+ that dont? What about the conference programs that dont get shit from thw tourney, perpetually, because they are never in it? Like the mwc, makes shit from the tourney. They live on!

Basketball costs a fraction of what football does. Even now, with testing, and protocols, is exponentially cheaper to run basketball.

So why do you think programs are going to simply go away, if there is not tourney thisbyear? What schools?

Dude... seriously . I'll go slow . There are 360 D1 men's cbb programs. There are 130 D1 men's cfb programs. Meaning 230 D1 cbb programs don't play D1 football . Those 230 schools depend almost solely on March madness to fund their entire athletic budgets.

Last year the revenue for those schools went down by 67% ( 600M+ to 225M divided amongst them ). If those 230 schools don't get that revenue this year a shit ton if them will not have athletic budgets

It's not hard to follow. It's simple math.

Dude... seriously . I'll go slow . There are 360 D1 men's cbb programs. There are 130 D1 men's cfb programs. Meaning 230 D1 cbb programs don't play D1 football . Those 230 schools depend almost solely on March madness to fund their entire athletic budgets.

Last year the revenue for those schools went down by 67% ( 600M+ to 225M divided amongst them ). If those 230 schools don't get that revenue this year a shit ton if them will not have athletic budgets

It's not hard to follow. It's simple math.
Then why havent hundreds of schools already closed their programs? Like I said, mwc gets virtually nothing, couple mill. Why hasnt the entire mwc basketball colapsed. 70% of teams you said cant survive without one more tourney. Where the fuck are you getting that number?

Then why havent hundreds of schools already closed their programs? Like I said, mwc gets virtually nothing, couple mill. Why hasnt the entire mwc basketball colapsed. 70% of teams you said cant survive without one more tourney. Where the fuck are you getting that number?
Well for one the MWC plays football and has much bigger budgets . For 2 the small schools received a portion of their money last year and still had pay to play ooc games from 19-20 ( which they'll lose most of this year with reduced ooc ). Last year wasn't the make or break year . This year is .

Most of these schools can't miss 3 or 4 big ooc payouts and tourney revenue.

UNI ( in my home state ) is operating at a huge loss right now and is fundraising to try and not have to cut sports ( as are other mvc schools). If they lose MM revenue on top of ooc pay games this year they're screwed . And that's the mvc not the mean, horizon, summit etc

Well for one the MWC plays football and has much bigger budgets . For 2 the small schools received a portion of their money last year and still had pay to play ooc games from 19-20 ( which they'll lose most of this year with reduced ooc ). Last year wasn't the make or break year . This year is .

Most of these schools can't miss 3 or 4 big ooc payouts and tourney revenue.

UNI ( in my home state ) is operating at a huge loss right now and is fundraising to try and not have to cut sports ( as are other machines schools). If they lose MM revenue on top of ooc pay games this year they're screwed . And that's the mvc not the mean, horizon, summit etc
You said 70% of D1 schools.

You said 70% of D1 schools.
Yes. The 70% of D1 cbb programs who don't play D1 cfb and who fund their budgets via men's cbb

MVC
A10
Horizon
Summit
SWAC
MEAC
Southland
WAC
Big West
OVC

Etc etc

Those leagues and their members operate on shoestring budgets. Literally 80% or more of their budgets are funded by men's cbb ooc pay games and march madness revenue.

Yes. The 70% of D1 cbb programs who don't play D1 cfb and who fund their budgets via men's cbb

MVC
A10
Horizon
Summit
SWAC
MEAC
Southland
WAC
Big West
OVC

Etc etc

Those leagues and their members operate on shoestring budgets. Literally 80% or more of their budgets are funded by men's cbb ooc pay games and march madness revenue.
So there is all kinds of stipulations on your arbitrary number. Cool.

So there is all kinds of stipulations on your arbitrary number. Cool.
Its not arbitrary . Its literally what I said in my first response to you and every response since . Its not my fault you can't read apparently.

Its not arbitrary . Its literally what I said in my first response to you and every response since . Its not my fault you can't read apparently.
no its not. Now youre saying, D1 schools with no football programs. thats not what you said

Illinois Duke Dec 9 at Cameron

I just hate the fact that Cameron Indoor will be empty. Sad days when you cannot hear the roar of the crowd at a sporting event.

Villanova now has a game against BC on Thansgiving day.

Is this going to happen, lol?

I just hate the fact that Cameron Indoor will be empty. Sad days when you cannot hear the roar of the crowd at a sporting event.

Hell im just pumped they are playing. College b-ball is the sport that the momentum can really swing big in different directions. No crowds are going to be interesting. Illinois was better on the road last year it seemed be at home especially in big games

bad boy mowers tournament runner is a beast. teams dropping out left and right and he keeps replacing them
quickly

Baylor just dropped out of a tournament that included Villanova .... that I had no idea that Villanova was even a part of...

Dissapointed I guess? :unsure:

Strange times ladies and gentlemen...

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF