So who has their original birth certificate??

Goddamn bureaucrats! I decided the "Real ID" can go fuck itself. I've already been charged $140- something for my passport, so fuck all the way off. I'll get a regular ID and use my passport for everything else.

1602635549241.png

If you don't fly, can you just stay with your regular license???

Got it and you should see it.

They could tell right away, I'm bad to the bone.

Same, same. Had to cancel a trip because I could not get a passport without my B.C.

I've kept up with it for years and saw it fairly recently but when I went look in folder it was always in....it seems to have vanished. It's been in that same folder, within the same filing cabinet for decades, unneeded...the second I'm ever required to produce it and it disappears!
:gaah:
sure obama..... :susp:

Same deal, minus the part of having to pay for a new one. I knew my parents had mine. They sent me a copy and I printed it out. Obviously not good enough which is dumb. If you have all the other identifiables, which is like 4 different things, a copy should be sufficient. The odds have someone forging literally everything that is required are extremely low, probably about the same as someone stealing all of the originals and showing up to claim "your" license. So I had to drive to my parents house to get the original and went the following week. Somehow, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes both times so at least that wasn't a hassle.

My license expires next month so I decided to get a "Real ID' that will allow air travel should I decide to do so. So I end up going to the DMV which is akin to having a drano enema, stand in line and go through all of their bullshit only to find out that my certified birth certificate copy is not sufficient forcing me to go to the Health Dept and pay 20 bones for a "certified" certified copy if that makes sense.

For Christ Sake, I am 62 years old. Who the hell my age has their original birth certificate. If you ask me, these is only a ruse by Homeland Security to line the pockets of local government. I went there with a tax bill, a copy of my W2, and all sorts of other shit to prove who I was yet still needed an effin birth certificate. Fuck that noise.
I'm a year older than you and I have mine.
My wife also has hers.
Do we get a medal?

My license expires next month so I decided to get a "Real ID' that will allow air travel should I decide to do so. So I end up going to the DMV which is akin to having a drano enema, stand in line and go through all of their bullshit only to find out that my certified birth certificate copy is not sufficient forcing me to go to the Health Dept and pay 20 bones for a "certified" certified copy if that makes sense.

For Christ Sake, I am 62 years old. Who the hell my age has their original birth certificate. If you ask me, these is only a ruse by Homeland Security to line the pockets of local government. I went there with a tax bill, a copy of my W2, and all sorts of other shit to prove who I was yet still needed an effin birth certificate. Fuck that noise.
i gotta find mine for my Real ID too.

Certified copy only here. I have no clue what happened to the original. I wasn't awake for much of what was happening at the time. And when I woke up, I find out someone hacked off the tip of my cock.

No idea where my birth certificate and SS card are. Hope my parents still have those stashed somewhere, I should really ask them about that

I thought my original BC was lost or burnt up or something, so a long time ago I got a certified copy from the health department where I was born. I used that to get my Real ID back in 2019.

Then my dad was cleaning out some files in his house, and he found my BC, so I have it now.

I only have my as I have a father who was trained in being anal on record keeping but the Corp, and made sure I had an original copy and keep it in safe keeping since I reached adulthood.

Otherwise....I would be paying that $20 too. It sure sounds like a great way to drive state revenue. “No, you need a certified copy, pay us”.

I have all my shit but had to go to Jackson Mississippi to get my wife's.