Sports as we know it is dead.

It's fucked up isn't it? Just my theory, but I think these spoiled asshats are just too beholden to Twitter and Social Media. At some point the cheers at the Stadium for what they did, were replaced with how something they said (often times completely unrelated to their actual job), is trending in terms of how they measure success.
Who'll be the first major organization to stand up to these lunatics and in the process garner massive support for doing it?

I honestly don't remember the last time I turned off my computer, sat down in front of a TV and watched any sports game from start to finish. Part of this is due to my teams outright sucking (Apparently if you added up the records for the Tigers, Lions, Red Wings and Pistons in 2019 we had the worst year of any sports city in history), another large part has been FOX Sports Detroit not renewing their contract with DISH before COVID hit (and now there is zero public demand to get it back apparently).

Honestly, the only reason why I'm still attached to any sports messageboard is because I love you guys just too damn much.

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

Who'll be the first major organization to stand up to these lunatics and in the process garner massive support for doing it?
You got me? I grew up a Cowboys fan and ironically switched to the Seahawks after Jerry Jones bought the team. Couple of years ago found myself pulling for them again primarily because of Jones stance on the anthem. Told the team "you will stand with your toe on the line". Now he is even waffling under pressure. It's going to take someone with balls size of house and ears the size of a gnat to shut out the screaming and step up.

It was a temper tantrum and nothing more. Cowherd is polishing LeBron's peepee today because he changed is mind 3 times in less than 24 hours. As usual, he shot his mouth off, handlers got to him, he was reminded of loss income and now "decided" to play
Lebron doesn't care about a few hundred thousand dollars. If anything it's (1) another championship before he's too old and (2) other teammates' loss of income

I honestly don't remember the last time I turned off my computer, sat down in front of a TV and watched any sports game from start to finish. Part of this is due to my teams outright sucking (Apparently if you added up the records for the Tigers, Lions, Red Wings and Pistons in 2019 we had the worst year of any sports city in history), another large part has been FOX Sports Detroit not renewing their contract with DISH before COVID hit (and now there is zero public demand to get it back apparently).

Honestly, the only reason why I'm still attached to any sports messageboard is because I love you guys just too damn much.

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

Shucks GIF by memecandy

Lebron doesn't care about a few hundred thousand dollars. If anything it's (1) another championship before he's too old and (2) other teammates' loss of income
He doesn't care, but his team of parasites certainly do

Normally I would say the NFL but they are skeered shitless of black lives matter right now

You got me? I grew up a Cowboys fan and ironically switched to the Seahawks after Jerry Jones bought the team. Couple of years ago found myself pulling for them again primarily because of Jones stance on the anthem. Told the team "you will stand with your toe on the line". Now he is even waffling under pressure. It's going to take someone with balls size of house and ears the size of a gnat to shut out the screaming and step up.
This sounds like a job for Dan effin' Snyder!!!!

Jesus. Trying to play DFS right now is ridiculous. Baseball I still did ok last night, but I learned not to set an NBA lineup. Today I only did baseball. And the games are postponing like crazy.

OK, you made a statement. Now get to playing.

I really don't give a rat's ass what athletes think about politics. Just play the games you are paid well to do. I don't watch sports to have a political message shoved in my face.

the year in sports be like

c1fc42cda5dca62c92a6232c459544e7.gif

When the bottom of your toes are within inches of the back of your noggin, you know that's going to hurt for a while. Oh my back hurts just watching it...

When the bottom of your toes are within inches of the back of your noggin, you know that's going to hurt for a while. Oh my back hurts just watching it...
We call it a scorpion. I've done it too many times and it's very scary if you go too far.