SRX season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
First race is tonight at Stafford Speedway. Been looking forward to this. I really like the concept. All the cars are exactly the same, built by Ray Evernham, so it’s gonna come down to the driver.

Only a 6 race inaugural season and the roster of drivers is pretty old, though they come from a variety of backgrounds of stock car and open wheel drivers and the track champion will have a ride as well.

I think the founder, Tony Stewart will have the advantage. He’s still been active dirt racing. Don’t know how long it’s been for others.

Hope this is a success

12 drivers in tonight's race:

Ernie Francis Jr.- Trans Am regular 23 years old, youngest in the field
Helio Castronevis- Just won the Indianapolis 500
Bill Elliott- NASCAR HOFer
Doug Coby- One of the best modified drivers of all time. NASCAR's modified division has been around longer than the Cup Series
Tony Kanaan- IndyCar and CART veteran, multiple Indianapolis 500 wins
Paul Tracy- former CART champion
Tony Stewart- A champion in both NASCAR and IndyCar, NASCAR HOFer, founder of this series
Michael Waltrip- Two time Daytona 500 winner
Willy T Ribbs- Trans Am and Sports Car legend, one of the more successful black American racing drivers
Bobby Labonte- NASCAR champion and HOFer
Greg Biffle- 19 career NASCAR wins
Marco Andretti- IndyCar race winner

High horsepower, low downforce. The way short track racing should be, and short track racing is the best form of racing and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Sold out crowd, cars look good. Ribs and Elliott are the two oldest in the field by far. Don’t know if they’re struggling this first heat or if they’re just doing strategy since the field inverts for the second heat. The finishing order of the two heats determines the starting lineup for the main

Paul Tracy spins himself out when he tried to clear himself. Big surprise

Doug Coby wins the second heat. He’s the local boy, and the track champion.

Gonna be tough to pass without using the bumper. Willy T Ribbs and Paul Tracy was really holding up Coby and Stewart before Ribbs overcooked his brakes and wrecked himself

oh yeah yes GIF by Lame Kids Club

The local boy is taking the legends to the woodshed

Only thing this series really messed up with is not having Bowman Gray on the schedule. Love that place. Cars racing around what once was Wake Forest’s football field

Pretty good show for the first ever race for a series. Local boy, Doug Coby beat all the major series champions. Experience at a track matters.

Gonna be interesting next week when a lot of the field races on dirt for the first time.

Was just gonna say nobody was gonna convince him otherwise because nobody cares, then you showed up agreeing with your yup....
I was pretending to care. It's what I usually do when I don't care. Friendly nod, "yup", figure out how to leave quickly

Knoxville this weekend. Gonna be interesting. A lot of the Indy and Trans AM guys have never raced on dirt

Iconic Knoxville Speedway tonight. Dirt short tracks are the best tracks. Brian Brown is the track champ competing. Doug Coby won last week, so the pressure is on him

Hailee Deegan filling in for Tony Kanaan this week. Meh. She’s yet to get a single top 10 in the Truck Series. Scott Bloomquist is also in the race

Paul Tracy wrecks himself in a heat for the second week a row

It’s a fun series, but they’re gonna have to stop throwing the yellow every time there’s a single car spin on a dirt track