Stalkers, Doxxers & Trolls, Oh My!

There once was a poster named Batman
Who thought he had found where it's at, man
He asked if he could dox
Got kicked in the cock
And now goes by the name Batwoman
He needed a better Batplan.

Long story short. Handi used a picture of catlanta for his av. Catlanta can't get handi, so he doxxed dbldwn by posting his name. All he had to do was no feed a troll. Couldn't literally do nothing.

Dang. Catlanta's use of gas station bathrooms is despicable.

I have been on a small sports message board in Ohio for 20+ years.
This is a board that is 90% about high school sports in a small area, about a 70 mile diameter.
Although its technically anonymous, over the years we talked about what sports we played inn high school and the years we played them. We talked about our kids on the teams.
Eventually we all had a pretty good idea who was who in real life and we got lazy and just talked more and more about our personal lives. The site is still active and I still post there occasionally. Its a friendly site and we haven't had any serious problems.

I knew doxing was revealing personal information that wasn't volunteered.
I didn't know if personal information I posted on another sports board was considered "volunteered".
I see people on here talking about someone's personal info they volunteered on espn or rivals or some other board pretty freely. Some of this banter appears to be joking around and some appears hostile. Its hard for a short-timer like me to know what goes and what doesn't.

I was okay with the people on my small Ohio board knowing my kid's names, ages and addresses.
I am not okay with people on this board knowing those same things.
There have been a couple people on here who have tried to wrangle personal info form me...making guesses on my hometown and such.

I wanted assurances that if I was doxed on here, the info would be deleted and the offender would be severely punished.
If not, I was probably going to leave.
I got those assurances and I appreciate it.

That's 80% of the reason I started this thread...to understand what's allowed here and what isn't.
The other 20% was to hear the board's perspective on trolling and stalking, which I personally think ruins too many threads here/JMO.
Lol

It doesn't sit particularly well with me that the mods who ultimately came into the most "power" on Rivals had the kind of personal issues they did. It would seem that given that is a pay site they may have access to the kind of info posters would be less than thrilled with. I could be wrong but given how that shit went down nothing would surprise me. Somehow I feel like this stuff traces back there.

Long story short. Handi used a picture of catlanta for his av. Catlanta can't get handi, so he doxxed dbldwn by posting his name. All he had to do was no feed a troll. Couldn't literally do nothing.
…But how come I didn’t get blamed this time…? :headscratch: