Stephen King

I have never been able to stay with a King novel. Usually takes 4 or 5 bursts. When I find a writer like that, I read their short stories.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to The Lawnmower Man.

I am just not sure why I am trying to force it...

maybe I will try some Joe Hill

In The Tall Grass is a short story that the father and son co-wrote.

I found it pretty disturbing.

I saw this thread title and couldn't wait to tell ill that it's Steven not Stephen.

Checked and I was wrong. Five mins ago if I would have bet a million dollars against a dime that it was Steven. :L

I have never been able to stay with a King novel. Usually takes 4 or 5 bursts. When I find a writer like that, I read their short stories.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to The Lawnmower Man.
I also don't "get" Stephen King. It's a struggle I'm just not willing to suffer through while I have literally hundreds of books on the list.

The one I've read (and the .pdf of it is free) is "On Writing."

He's a "unique" person for sure.

One of Trump's newer books, Holly, has a not-bad plot, but the book is so explicitly anti-Trump and pro-Covid restrictions it's crazy. Every bad guy in the book is a conservative and the ultimate bad guys also turn out to be conservative, racist, and cannibal murderers. AND Basically every victim and good guy in the book is liberal or leftist and very pro-Covid restrictions. It's practically propaganda. I'm glad I checked it out at the library rather than buying this POS.

One of Trump's newer books, Holly, has a not-bad plot, but the book is so explicitly anti-Trump and pro-Covid restrictions it's crazy. Every bad guy in the book is a conservative and the ultimate bad guys also turn out to be conservative, racist, and cannibal murderers. AND Basically every victim and good guy in the book is liberal or leftist and very pro-Covid restrictions. It's practically propaganda. I'm glad I checked it out at the library rather than buying this POS.
King is an Uber Liberal who can no longer keep his mouth shut. He is quite nauseating now. Good thing I've out grown his books.

King is an Uber Liberal who can no longer keep his mouth shut. He is quite nauseating now. Good thing I've out grown his books.
His older books were good, even very good. Hell some of them were unquestionably great novels/collections.

But geeze, his newer works are so full of his political opinions, I've given up on trying to read them.

Last edited:
His older books were good, even very good. Hell some of them were unquestionably great novels/collections.

But geeze, his newer works are so full of his political opinions, I've given up on trying to read them.
Thanks for the heads up. I loved his old stuff. He's a little like Roger Waters now. I love Pink Floyd, but when Waters left the band, he became unhinged and now he's a full blown nut case. I watched his concert "Us and Them" and had to turn it off half way through. It was more about shouting political slogans than his music. Fucking nauseating.

I saw this thread title and couldn't wait to tell ill that it's Steven not Stephen.

Checked and I was wrong. Five mins ago if I would have bet a million dollars against a dime that it was Steven. :facepalm:
Sorry?

Trump wrote Holly?

Trump wrote Holly?
Yes, exactly.

I think it should've been clear to even a rather basic reader that it's a typo. I guess not. Should I bother to respond to your posts in the future, I'll make things much more clear since you so easily confused. My apologies.

Which of his books are full of political opinions? I think you're just making shit up.

I miss the late great Robert B Parker and his Spenser series novels. That bitch Spenser was dating was lame as hell.

Yes, exactly.

I think it should've been clear to even a rather basic reader that it's a typo. I guess not. Should I bother to respond to your posts in the future, I'll make things much more clear since you so easily confused. My apologies.
calm down, skippy. Just joking with you.

Which of his books are full of political opinions? I think you're just making shit up.
he's not totally off. I haven't read much in terms of King's recent books but the one I am currently reading for sure has some political leaning talk in it.

I read a few The Outsider and the Mr Mercedes series before Trump and they were not that way. I have not read It Still Bleeds yet and I heard that needs to be read before Holly.

he's not totally off. I haven't read much in terms of King's recent books but the one I am currently reading for sure has some political leaning talk in it.

I read a few The Outsider and the Mr Mercedes series before Trump and they were not that way. I have not read It Still Bleeds yet and I heard that needs to be read before Holly.

I've read both The Outsider and Mr. Mercedes. Developing characters with a political bent is not the same as the author injecting his own personal politics. That's called being an author.

Claiming what King says in his own personal capacity and claiming his books are the same is beyond lazy.

Claiming what King says in his own personal capacity and claiming his books are the same is beyond lazy.
no one is claiming that his books are an extension of his political stance.

but it also doesn't mean there isn't a part of his recent writing that isn't influenced or has pieces of it in there.

however, I don't see it as heavy handed as some other posters seem to see it

finally finished Fairy Tale

2.5 stars our of 5

Trump wrote Holly?

I mean, I suspect that he's contacted a lot of different whores one way or another but writing a letter is just classic :wink: :noidea: :laugh:

black and white love GIF