GAME SUGAR BOWL (Semi): #3 Texas vs #2 Washington • 7:45CT • ESPN

It's crazy how good the team was last year too. Think it's easy to overlook for anyone who's not a UW fan, but 11-2 with a new coach at a program that was 4-8 and lost to an FCS team the year before.

A bad loss made it easier to overlook I guess, but they just caught fire in November, Penix had similar stats, they now own the longest active win streak in college football. Been a crazy ride.
honestly without Penix i dont think UW is but a 8 or 9 win team tho

honestly without Penix i dont think UW is but a 8 or 9 win team tho

I think having a WR room with Rome, Polk and McMillan is just as an important. Very few teams have the secondary play to deal with that combination. It's been good enough to cover up some other gaps that the team has IMO.

You don't get to 14-0 without all of it. That includes the O line. That offense isn't one guy, it's all of them. It works because none of the starting players on that side of the ball are a liability.

You don't get to 14-0 without all of it. That includes the O line. That offense isn't one guy, it's all of them. It works because none of the starting players on that side of the ball are a liability.

I don't think anyone should question the offensive talent at UW this year. They're pretty stacked across the board on that side. I think the biggest weakness UW has is the lack of depth on their defense in comparison to other CFP contenders. That's why, IMO, UW struggled defensively during that middle stretch of the season. They were missing some starters and they didn't have quality players to fill in.

But it ultimately didn't matter, UW found a way to win those games, even if they ended up being closer than people would have thought. And they ended up getting relatively healthy for their stretch run and found a way to keep winning. They weathered the storm and are now in a position to play for a title.

I don't think anyone should question the offensive talent at UW this year. They're pretty stacked across the board on that side. I think the biggest weakness UW has is the lack of depth on their defense in comparison to other CFP contenders. That's why, IMO, UW struggled defensively during that middle stretch of the season. They were missing some starters and they didn't have quality players to fill in.

But it ultimately didn't matter, UW found a way to win those games, even if they ended up being closer than people would have thought. And they ended up getting relatively healthy for their stretch run and found a way to keep winning. They weathered the storm and are now in a position to play for a title.
UW fans are the first to point out the D isn't great. We've watched all the blown assignments and missed tackles. Of course some of the narrative is a little over the top. What would their scoring d ranking be if we backed out the garbage time scores on the 3rd stringers and walk ons that played so much of the first 3rd of the season in blowouts?

The point was Oly was saying they are 8 or 9 wins without Penix and I'm saying they don't win more than 11 without all of the rest of that offense even with Penix. They needed all of them to overcome the weakness on the d and keep a clean sheet.

UW fans are the first to point out the D isn't great. We've watched all the blown assignments and missed tackles. Of course some of the narrative is a little over the top. What would their scoring d ranking be if we backed out the garbage time scores on the 3rd stringers and walk ons that played so much of the first 3rd of the season in blowouts?

The point was Oly was saying they are 8 or 9 wins without Penix and I'm saying they don't win more than 11 without all of the rest of that offense even with Penix. They needed all of them to overcome the weakness on the d and keep a clean sheet.

I agree. I think the WR room was actually the most important part of UW's offense this year. But obviously they were strong across the board.

Defensively, I actually think the starting 11 for UW is pretty good. I just saw depth become a problem for them. Ultimately, not a fatal problem as they are 14-0 and playing for the championship. But it was the weakness of the team IMO. The good news for UW fans, I don't think that weakness matters much now that they're in a 1 game championship.

P

maybe not. Theyre worse without him. For sure.
He made the plays that mattered. I dont know that just anyone or even some other big name qbs make all the same plays in all the same situations

this was our worst matchup across the board and it proved true.. but i'm over it.. ready for a good game tomorrow night