GAME SUPER BOWL: 49ERS vs CHIEFS

Still cant believe 49ers took the ball in OT. Like, why?!

Also, the missed EP and muffed punt were killers for SF
wasn't really a muffed punt. hit the leg of a blocker and the returner scrambled to try and get it. not that the 9ers announcers didn't spend the entire time blaming the receiver for a few minutes before finally realizing what happened.

Didn't watch the game, but I cannot believe players didn't understand how OT works? C'mon

wasn't really a muffed punt. hit the leg of a blocker and the returner scrambled to try and get it. not that the 9ers announcers didn't spend the entire time blaming the receiver for a few minutes before finally realizing what happened.

I was wondering why he went after the ball until I saw the replay. I guess I still call any punt that the return team loses in any way muffed but I see why that is wrong also

What a fantastic game. Started damn slow, but really ramped up. As the only Chiefs fan at the SB party, that ending sure was nice.

These NE fags finally understand how the rest of the league felt during their very long run of success. I enjoyed that too.

Hearing about some of the things that happened on the Nickelodeon broadcast, I think I would have enjoyed it more

I was wondering why he went after the ball until I saw the replay. I guess I still call any punt that the return team loses in any way muffed but I see why that is wrong also
But he should have flopped on it. That guy has been doing fumble drills since he was in pee wee, but here he tries to pick it up and run.

I understand the reason they gave. It's just a terrible idea, IMO

In OT, with current rules- where both teams are allowed a possession, receiving the ball instead of kicking it off, conjures up two distinctly different strategies.

The fact the 49ers players didn't even know the rules also means they had no idea what it was they should have been trying to do....because again, they thought the rule was - first to score wins.

For Shanahan to now say he chose to get the ball back because they would be getting it first in "sudden death" is just silly and him trying to cover his ass for making such a stupid call.

Why worry about "Sudden Death" when you first had to get through 2 OT possessions before you get to "Sudden Death" play!?!? (He's lying, he thought the rules were the first to score wins...he was wrong!)

Shanahan is either full of shit or the dumbest coach to ever slip a whistle around his neck......

In OT, with current rules where both teams are allowed a possession, receiving the ball instead of kicking it off conjures up two distinctly different strategies.

The fact the 49ers players didn't even know the rules also means they had no idea what it was they should have been trying to do....because again, they thought the rule was - first to score wins.

For Shanahan to now say he chose to get the ball back because they would be getting it first in "sudden death" is just silly and him trying to cover his ass for making such a stupid call.

Why worry about "Sudden Death" when you first had to get through 2 OT possessions before you get to "Sudden Death" play!?!? (He's lying, he thought the rules were the first to score wins...he was wrong!)

Shanahan is either full of shit or the dumbest coach to ever slip a whistle around his neck......

You have to account for who is on the other sideline too. I'm not a fan of Mahomes but in no way do I want him to have the ball knowing exactly what he needs to do to beat you and also knowing he has 4 downs to do it if needed. He is way too damn good for that

In OT, with current rules- where both teams are allowed a possession, receiving the ball instead of kicking it off, conjures up two distinctly different strategies.

He didn’t think it was first to score.

I understand the reason they gave. It's just a terrible idea, IMO
I have no idea who THEY is here. I came up with that kn my own at the time of the coin flip because it’s the exact logical thing to do given the rules.

I have no idea who THEY is here. I came up with that kn my own at the time of the coin flip because it’s the exact logical thing to do given the rules.

The 49ers and I don't see how it's the logical thing when you have the best QB in the league on the opposite sidelines

The 49ers and I don't see how it's the logical thing when you have the best QB in the league on the opposite sidelines
You still haven’t connected the logical dots. Why would it matter that the opposing QB is great?
If you’re saying he’s so great that he’s an inst-td, then you have every opportunity to go for it on 4th down and not just kick a FG.
But no one is an instant TD. But even if, you still can go for it.

what was your UNWRITTEN argument that follows “… but the opposing QB is fantastic”

Did you know there is a Kirk Cousins Curse?

No team has ever lost to Kirk Cousins in the regular season and then won the Super Bowl.

Cousins and the Vikings beat the 49ers in Week 7.

He knew it wasn't first score wins, that hasn't been the NFL rule in a while.

This is the first NFL playoff game played under the "both teams are guaranteed possession" rule. The question is, if you match scores, do you want the ball with a chance to win or are you counting on your defense to make a stop?

My general instinct would be to treat Kyle Shanahan's instincts like George Costanza's instincts, and do the opposite.