GAME SUPER BOWL: 49ERS vs CHIEFS

You still haven’t connected the logical dots. Why would it matter that the opposing QB is great?
If you’re saying he’s so great that he’s an inst-td, then you have every opportunity to go for it on 4th down and not just kick a FG.
But no one is an instant TD. But even if, you still can go for it.

what was your UNWRITTEN argument that follows “… but the opposing QB is fantastic”

I'm saying I'm taking the advantage in the process that I KNOW will happen not in a scenario that may or may not happen. I stated that earlier. Couple that with the fact that the opposing QB is Patrick Mahomes and it's equally baffling

SF DC Steve Wilks is the fall guy for the SB loss. Fired today.

SMH.

SF DC Steve Wilks is the fall guy for the SB loss. Fired today.

SMH.
he was definitely the reason why the offense only scored 22 in 5 quarters.

Screenshot_20240215-064332~2.pngBut, Wilks gets fired.

Still cant believe 49ers took the ball in OT. Like, why?!

Also, the missed EP and muffed punt were killers for SF

This is going to get a lot more traction before it is over.

There are 49er players who are saying they weren't even aware of the rules until they popped up on the JumboTron.

It's inexcusable they weren't more prepared and Shanahan is going to have to answer for it. The guy isn't going to get fired as his track record is too good but damn that was embarrassing.

Im another one that knew nothing of the rule change till at the time of the announcement.....even then I never realized the ramifications of having the ball first.......

Thats silly Shanahan never relayed any of that to the players.......

Im another one that knew nothing of the rule change till at the time of the announcement.....even then I never realized the ramifications of having the ball first.......
Most people are in your shoes, even if they won't admit it. The only person really lying here is @ELTEXAN

Most people are in your shoes, even if they won't admit it. The only person really lying here is @ELTEXAN
What did I lie about?
There is sudden death in nfl overtime. You want the ball first if it comes to that.
Like I said from the beginning, dolt.

He knew it wasn't first score wins, that hasn't been the NFL rule in a while.

This is the first NFL playoff game played under the "both teams are guaranteed possession" rule. The question is, if you match scores, do you want the ball with a chance to win or are you counting on your defense to make a stop?

My general instinct would be to treat Kyle Shanahan's instincts like George Costanza's instincts, and do the opposite.
nah, it's you don't want the ball first. if they get a FG, go for a TD, if they get a TD, go for 2 points, if they do neither, score a point

nah, it's you don't want the ball first. if they get a FG, go for a TD, if they get a TD, go for 2 points, if they do neither, score a point
That's why I said Shanahan should have Costanza'd.

What did I lie about?
There is sudden death in nfl overtime. You want the ball first if it comes to that.
Like I said from the beginning, dolt.
I just wanted you to call me a dunce. But I failed.