Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
Orange is the New Black

Honorable Mentions

30 Rock...missed it by 2 weeks
Dexter...missed it by 3 weeks
Friday Night Lights...missed it by 3 weeks

The Simpsons?

some of the dumbasses will even tell you that Tenn is a bigger rival than Auburn.
That’s the North Alabama Bama fans. Don’t worry the rest of us still hate you Guys. I’m glad the trees got killed btw and hope these new ones are taken out also

Louisiana-Monroe had never beaten Alabama.

They better. First 2.5 games, 0 turnovers. The next two halves of football, 7 turnovers, all on the QB
Pleasantly Surprised Wow GIF by MOODMAN

that's BAD

The last time...

Tennessee beat Alabama: 2006
In consecutive years: 2003-04
3 or more in a row: 1995-2001
Held them to single digits: 1999
Beat AP ranked Alabama: 1999
Beat AP ranked Alabama while not ranked themselves: 1982
Tied overall series: 1960
Led overall series: Never
Closest to tying series since 1960: 1970, down by 1

Last edited:
The last time...

Tennessee beat Alabama: 2006
In consecutive years: 2003-04
3 or more in a row: 1995-2001
Held them to single digits: 1999
AP ranked Alabama: 1999
AP ranked Alabama while not ranked themselves: 1982
Tied overall series: 1960
Led overall series: Never
Closest to tying series since 1960: 1970, down by 1
2006?!? I was living in Austin, fresh from my anniversary Jamaica vacation.... with NO kids yet.. I want to go back and wear my XXL shirts, flat bill fitted cap and cruise around in my 2001 Mustang I still had back then...

Closest Tennessee has come to beating Alabama since 2006 Win: 2009, lost 12-10
This decade [2011-20]: 2015, lost 19-14

The last time Tennessee beat Alabama, these things did not exist:

Iphones
Samsung Galaxy
Twitter
Instagram
Snapchat
Facebook on your phone
I don't have an IPhone, don't do Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat, but I have been to 2 Alabama-Tennessee Games during the streak, and the Tide won the BCS Championship Both years (2009 and 2012). My only other Alabama-Tennessee game was in another National Championship year (1979). So, if you want a Sure Thing, I will accept per diem, hotel and tickets to the game on Saturday! :)

Is TN vs Bama a thing?
At the moment, it is lame, but Alabama and Tennessee are STILL #1 and #2 in every meaningful SEC Category Historically: Championships, wins, winning %, etc. Plus, when Alabama and Auburn didn't play each other for 40 year, the Tide and Tennessee Game was the biggest on each schedule like Georgia was for Auburn.

So, while the Vols are not the threat they once were, old folks like me love the "Third Saturday in October" (even when it is on the 4th Saturday in October) Rivalry. fyi: It was actually tied after the 1970 game, but Alabama has had two monster streaks vs. Tennessee since then (11 in a row from 1971-81) and 13 in a row (2007-Present) to take a commanding lead!

Like Coach Bryant once said: "You will find out what kind of man a boy will be by the way he plays against Tennessee!".

Anything that a Bammer can dream up to brag about is a thing. So beating a team 14 times in a row is still a rivalry in their mind and some of the dumbasses will even tell you that Tenn is a bigger rival than Auburn. They just can't help themselves so it's best to just observe and not engage with them during these outburst.
Auburn is certainly a bigger rival, but I don't hate them as much as Tennessee.

Auburn is the relative that nobody likes, but he gets an invite to Thanksgiving because family is family and they got Grandma snowed.

Tennessee is that asshole neighbor down the street that you know poisoned your dog when you were seven, you just can't prove it.

I don't have an IPhone, don't do Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat, but I have been to 2 Alabama-Tennessee Games during the streak, and the Tide won the BCS Championship Both years (2009 and 2012). My only other Alabama-Tennessee game was in another National Championship year (1979). So, if you want a Sure Thing, I will accept per diem, hotel and tickets to the game on Saturday! :)

The last Tennessee game I went to in person was 2006, the one before that was Legion Field with Peyton Manning. I will not be going.

Closest Tennessee has come to beating Alabama since 2006 Win: 2009, lost 12-10
This decade [2011-20]: 2015, lost 19-14
Was the 2009 game the one where Bama forced a fumble out of the back of the endzone for a touchback when Tenn was headed for likely the game winning score?

Was the 2009 game the one where Bama forced a fumble out of the back of the endzone for a touchback when Tenn was headed for likely the game winning score?

I don't know about the touchback, but UT went for a walk off field goal to win the game and it was blocked.

They got one coming in next spring, for sure
One of my old cronies lives in Husdon Oaks and saw the Cedar Hill kid play last week in Aledo I believe. He was very impressed with that kid.

Boomer Old People GIF by swerk

Nah 2009 was Terrence Cody's FG block with time expiring. Kiffin was coaching TN then.

Fumble out of the back of the end zone was 2005.