Thanksgiving Menus

Look at Mr. Haute Cuisine over here.
GUEST_d40addd1-2ea4-4b01-85c2-9747cfc3bd14
Never seen it before.

If yer making a bird, ya may as well make the gravy.:noidea:

Brother-in-law said the BBQ restaurant where he's friends with the owner want going to be smoking turkeys this year and he was looking to borrow a church member's smoker to try it himself, but couldn't. He was also used to just buying a fresh turkey and taking it to the restaurant the day before, but he also couldn't find a fresh bird. I found out Sunday after church and went and got a full frozen bird and another fresh breast.

Plan was to thaw in my fridge for a couple days, load my smoker and drive the 2.5 hours away to their house Tuesday, brine on Wednesday and smoke Thursday morning for a 1pm planned meal time.

Well my son gets off the bus Tuesday with a fever and sore throat (strep). I head up there to hopefully follow the plan while she takes him to urgent care where it's confirmed, but no pharmacy can fill the antibiotic anywhere around us. However, a CVS near the in-laws can Wednesday, but my wife doesn't think she should come with the kids because we definitely don't want to risk passing anything to Milo (down syndrome 2 year old) and his baby brother.

So new plan! I brine a still partially frozen bird Tuesday night, smoke both the bird and extra breast Wednesday morning, carve and package in order to reheat for Thursday, go by CVS to grab his Rx, and travel back on a crazy day for traveling. Left the bird, but took home the breast for us tomorrow. For my first time smoking turkey, they came out really tasty. Should reheat pretty well too.

Just got home an hour ago and poured a bourbon right after giving my son his first dose.

Enjoy the holiday fellas!

20221123_123213.jpg20221123_120631.jpg