Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 389.00
The DH is absolute fuck all horseshit.

200.gif

The DH is absolute fuck all horseshit.

200.gif
I mean....I won’t change your mind.
But I would be fine with both leagues doing DH. More offense. Plus, those rare times a pitcher does something at the plate does not come close to outweighing the misery of watching all those times they don’t.

Funny thing is...I was raised to take a very traditional view of the game. But, I’ve evolved on the DH debate

I’m not a big fan of it, but it’s here and it probably isn’t going away, and I love baseball too much to stop watching because of something we’ll be used to in short order

I mean....I won’t change your mind.
But I would be fine with both leagues doing DH. More offense. Plus, those rare times a pitcher does something at the plate does not come close to outweighing the misery of watching all those times they don’t.

Funny thing is...I was raised to take a very traditional view of the game. But, I’ve evolved on the DH debate
I don't think anybody's argument has ever been that the rare time a pitcher does something is why there shouldn't be a DH. Where did you come up with that one?

Love the DH. Speeds up the game and adds more exciting offense.
connie mack is a HOFer for a reason

Mack was convinced that since pitchers were traditionally weak hitters, a substitute batter in the lineup would make the game more exciting. I'm sure the fact that Connie did not have a pitcher who hit more than .252 (with at least 20 at-bats) between the 1905 and 1906 season had little to do with his revolutionary idea.

I don't think anybody's argument has ever been that the rare time a pitcher does something is why there shouldn't be a DH. Where did you come up with that one?
In my own stupid brain.

Yeah....I know. It’s the strategy game that can come with having a pitcher bat that’s probably consensus reason for no DH. I was just trying to be different. 🤷‍♂️

Didn't like it.

Got over it.

DH or no DH.

All I say is pick one.

Having full-time interleague play with half the teams using one set of rules and half the teams using another is fucking stooooooooooopid!

DH or no DH.

All I say is pick one.

Having full-time interleague play with half the teams using one set of rules and half the teams using another is fucking stooooooooooopid!

^^^^^^^
This

I never made sense to me...a pitcher doesn't get paid to hit, they get paid to pitch. The DH adds something unique to the game...that's why the NL is lame. I don't think they should change it now since it is and has been part of the game for so long...but it doesn't make sense for a pitcher to hit. Can make it interesting though.