TV Series The Bear

I rewatched S1 and I’ve started on S2…time for me to unwatch this thread so none of you fuckos spoil it for me! :tsk:
Everyone dies.

I rewatched S1 and I’ve started on S2…time for me to unwatch this thread so none of you fuckos spoil it for me! :tsk:
See+Ya+Bucko+Richie+Cunningham.jpg

About 6 episodes into the first season and don't get all the hype so far.

Finished the second season last night. Don't understand the hype hype rave reviews the show has got. It does absolutely nothing for me. Very boring, nothing interesting going on with the story and none of the characters are really likeable or interesting.

watched the star-studded Christmas episode last night. Damn was that tense.

and they landed some huge stars for that one. Impressive.

The episode with Richie working in the nice restaurant was really good too

watched the star-studded Christmas episode last night. Damn was that tense.

and they landed some huge stars for that one. Impressive.

The episode with Richie working in the nice restaurant was really good too
A complete contrast to the dinner episode, but also a great story. The timing was weird, though. Maybe the contrast amplified how good both episodes were?

A complete contrast to the dinner episode, but also a great story. The timing was weird, though. Maybe the contrast amplified how good both episodes were?
it might have..but I really liked seeing Richie shine a bit. The character is such a loser and you want to see him do something that brings him joy.

then he turns around and completely misses the point as to why Carm sent him there

One thing about this show that I keep coming back to…

This show FEELS real. I have not done any research, but I assume the creator has a serious background in dining. The authenticity it seems to bring to that culture is what makes the show so engrossing.

If writers write about what they know and they bring their love for the subject matter to the project, then that is what will draw people in. No matter the underlying subject matter.

it might have..but I really liked seeing Richie shine a bit. The character is such a loser and you want to see him do something that brings him joy.

then he turns around and completely misses the point as to why Carm sent him there
I loved that misunderstanding, and his quick turnaround internally that he fucked up.

Great character building episode for him, on multiple levels.

And having Olivia Coleman do that cameo to deliver that message was powerful.

One thing about this show that I keep coming back to…

This show FEELS real. I have not done any research, but I assume the creator has a serious background in dining. The authenticity it seems to bring to that culture is what makes the show so engrossing.

If writers write about what they know and they bring their love for the subject matter to the project, then that is what will draw people in. No matter the underlying subject matter.
even the actors who are playing chefs like the dude in Amsterdam and the Queen at the 3 star restaurant, came off as sounding legit.

but the operation at the 3 star restaurant was really well done...like I can see it being that difficult to do.

I loved that misunderstanding, and his quick turnaround internally that he fucked up.

Great character building episode for him, on multiple levels.

And having Olivia Coleman do that cameo to deliver that message was powerful.
it would be nice to see Richie actually "get it" and be like "yea, that's how it needs to be done!" as opposed to his affinity to cut corners and do enough to get by in life.

even the actors who are playing chefs like the dude in Amsterdam and the Queen at the 3 star restaurant, came off as sounding legit.

but the operation at the 3 star restaurant was really well done...like I can see it being that difficult to do.
You are talking about 2 heavy weight actors there, though. Poulter and Coleman are no jokes.

Season two started very slow for me and I was getting bored but episode 6 flipped the switch.

Jamie Lee Curtis should win an Emmy for her performance.
she's never really stood out in anything to me, but she was great in that episode.

Reactions: ill
You are talking about 2 heavy weight actors there, though. Poulter and Coleman are no jokes.
I am still pretty amazed at the star power this show has been bringing in this season.

she's never really stood out in anything to me, but she was great in that episode.
I liked her in Everything Everywhere All At Once

it would be nice to see Richie actually "get it" and be like "yea, that's how it needs to be done!" as opposed to his affinity to cut corners and do enough to get by in life.
As a human, yes. As a viewer of a show, no thank you. Richie’s hotheadedness and self destructive tendencies are what make him a strong character.

Give him glimpses of responsibility, sure. Have him hit the occasional HR utilizing his unique skills, absolutely. But he has to remain broken. That is what makes him fun to watch.

As a human, yes. As a viewer of a show, no thank you. Richie’s hit headed ness and self destructive tendencies are what make him a strong character.

Give him glimpses of responsibility, sure. Have him hit the occasional HR utilizing his unique skills, absolutely. But he has to remain broken. That is what makes him fun to watch.
I suppose but I also want to see a sort of redemption arch. The dude gets shit on so much that it would be nice to see him get something that brings him joy despite his hard headed personality.

that was something about the Christmas episode I liked...he was in love and happy and trying...then he got shit on and it all fell apart...and it likely was his own fault.

but that is also how this family is...they can't get out of their own way. Carm giving the chick a fake number, the mom being a complete mess...the fucking fork.

I am still pretty amazed at the star power this show has been bringing in this season.
Yup. I get the sense that this show is highly respected in industry. Everyone wants to be associated with it.