The Incredible SpaceX Starship and a New Golden Age in Space

Still, a major step forward. Full rocket and engines got off the pad, cleared the tower, and rose for a few minutes. Guess they'll need more work on the software, or maybe a piece of hardware got stuck.
I think they even said there was something like a 90% chance this fails, and that was the point. They had a really low percentage chance it launches and returns safely.

I think they even said there was something like a 90% chance this fails, and that was the point. They had a really low percentage chance it launches and returns safely.

so...its like the Dallas cowboys football season. might as well do it because why not?

How was this a major step forward. We already know how to launch rockets. This one failed. They need to solve the problem of why.

What? SpaceX has developed a new, rocket twice as powerful as the Saturn V. It is complex in that 33 engines must perform simultaneously with full thrust. It's intended to be fully reusable, both booster and Starship spacecraft. The test cannot be minimized. SpaceX and all rocket companies always face setbacks and proceed only when they find problems and correct them. Look at how many failures SpaceX had while developing Falcon 9 vertical landings; now it's routine. Same thing will happen with Super Heavy booster and Starship.

What? SpaceX has developed a new, rocket twice as powerful as the Saturn V. It is complex in that 33 engines must perform simultaneously with full thrust. It's intended to be fully reusable, both booster and Starship spacecraft. The test cannot be minimized. SpaceX and all rocket companies always face setbacks and proceed only when they find problems and correct them. Look at how many failures SpaceX had while developing Falcon 9 vertical landings; now it's routine. Same thing will happen with Super Heavy booster and Starship.
I’m aware of that. If you just said it’s part of the process that’s one thing. But calling a failure a success is just silly.

I’m aware of that. If you just said it’s part of the process that’s one thing. But calling a failure a success is just silly.

You can have failures along with successes. This was the first full rocket launch of this system. Musk for man of the century!

This probably wouldn’t have happened if they launched from Canaveral. Just sayin’

It's not a failure if the intent was to learn from it, and then you do.

I'd rather give credit to the engineers who actually did the work.
Take a bow, @Lance Uppercut!

Edit:
party ex GIF