The Smile come out with a new album Wall of Eyes on Friday 1/26/24

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
For those that don't know, The Smile is basically the closest thing we will get to more Radiohead. It consists of just Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead along with a drummer not from Radiohead. They first appeared out of nowhere during a virtual festival in June 2021 and their debut album later came out late 2022. It was a classic. Sounds exactly like Radiohead. If you listened to it not knowing it was The Smile you would fully think and believe it was Radiohead.

I finally got to see them live this past July in Philly and they were amazing. Everyone switching instruments the entire show song to song and sometimes during songs. Played a lot of new songs that I hadn't heard before that were really impressive for them being the first time I heard those new unreleased songs.

But now their second album comes out in less than a week and it's sure to be another great one. As someone who feels that historically Radiohead has moved themselves past The Beatles for that all time great band spot. The Smile now pumping out classics just adds to that in a way as to speak to the tremendous talent of Thom and Jonny.

The below song just released a week and a half ago. Amazing song that really goes in interesting directions about a minute and a half into it and then just keeps with that fast changing energy and perfect video that fits it perfectly. Two songs down is what I remember as the best song from when I saw them live. Kind of slow for about 4-5 minutes but then the final 3 or so minutes go extremely hard.

New music video released today directed by great movie director Paul Thomas Anderson. Album drops tomorrow. This song is a pure mix of The Beatles and Radiohead.

Album dropped today. It gets better with every listen. Wasn't sure after the first listen but I rarely am with albums I come to love.

Here is another great song from it.

This shit is horrendous. You cant be serious right now...you're fucking with us, right?

You gotta sit back and listen. You gotta really appreciate it.

You gotta sit back and listen. You gotta really appreciate it.

Golden State Warriors Basketball GIF by NBA

At 4:30 he also comments on the similarity to The Beatles.

Fantano also notes The Beatles sound 7:30 seconds into his review.

Last edited:
Radiohead fanatics, because at least Tool's got some good tunes and I can get my head around how stupid people might get tricked into thinking they're brilliant.
I'll allow it. (y)