The Smile come out with a new album Wall of Eyes on Friday 1/26/24

Well, that's very true.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Radiohead is the type of band where if you can't appreciate it then there is something seriously wrong with your music listening skills.

Radiohead is the type of band where if you can't appreciate it then there is something seriously wrong with your music listening skills.
hahaha...shut up, stupid.

The Bends is a good album. OK Computer is OK.

Everything else is pretentious bullshit. Oooooh, make yer one eye wonky...sooo deep. Gag me.

hahaha...shut up, stupid.

The Bends is a good album. OK Computer is OK.

Everything else is pretentious bullshit. Oooooh, make yer one eye wonky...sooo deep. Gag me.

No, that's a horse shit opinion. If you can appreciate OK Computer then you should be able to their further evolution and ground breaking way to always change their style with each new album.

Also if you like The Bends and OK Computer you have to give In Rainbows (2008) a chance or at the very least another chance if you listened to it before and say you don't like it. It's their best album and the most similiar in style to that era of The Bends/OK Computer although also making it very new and it's own for In Rainbows. Their absolute peak. Also their hardest album to make that had them at each others throats a lot while they were making it and is probably why we only ever got two more albums out of the band since In Rainbows.

No, that's a horse shit opinion. If you can appreciate OK Computer then you should be able to their further evolution and ground breaking way to always change their style with each new album.

Also if you like The Bends and OK Computer you have to give In Rainbows (2008) a chance or at the very least another chance if you listened to it before and say you don't like it. It's their best album and the most similiar in style to that era of The Bends/OK Computer although also making it very new and it's own for In Rainbows. Their absolute peak. Also their hardest album to make that had them at each others throats a lot while they were making it and is probably why we only ever got two more albums out of the band since In Rainbows.

Either way, you need to settle the fuck down. You sound like a fucking fag.

Just trying to help you notice the level of all time mankind level of art in the form of music that is living the same time that you are so you should appreciate it. 200-500+ years from now they will still listen to Radiohead.

He is a fag. Of course he sounds like one. Probably has a Lil Nas poster in his special ed school locker.

If Radiohead didn't exist, I would have heard them exactly as much. Heard of them, but never have been inclined to listen to them.

Just trying to help you notice the level of all time mankind level of art in the form of music that is living the same time that you are so you should appreciate it. 200-500+ years from now they will still listen to Radiohead.

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

If Radiohead didn't exist, I would have heard them exactly as much. Heard of them, but never have been inclined to listen to them.

Any lover of music should give their discography a listen from start to finish. Truly one of the most special bands ever in the way they constantly evolved and changed their sound, album to album. While their contemporaries stayed within their sound that made them successful, Radiohead was always pushing to make something new. Think of David Bowie and how much his musical genius was able to change and evolve his music over his career but only amplify it with Radiohead.

Again full discography encouraged but I'll run it through with just a song from each album.

Pablo Honey - 1993
Their debut album. Very much in line with the other alternative rock/grunge music that was becoming very popular in the early 90s. Also contained one of their biggest mainstream songs Creep.

The Bends - 1995
A much more matured and focused album. Still in line with the music scenes of that time. Not making Radiohead stand out above the rest as anything different but their first great album.

OK Computer - 1997
This is really the album that starts to show how they are unlike any other band and the path they start to go down will be unlike anything else released at the time. This album was really just dipping one foot into the pond while keeping the other foot still out on the ground though. A true classic album and a preview glimpse of what was to come.

Kid A - 2000
This was it. This was the moment they fully turned into a band on the level of it's own putting out something so new and unheard of at the turn of the century that it would influence all music coming after it. One of the most experimental turns that any artist has taken and fully landed. From the very first track on the album you know you are in store for something special.

Amnesiac - 2001
This album is basically disc 2 of Kid A. It was all recorded during the same sessions of Kid A but they felt it would have been too dense to release as a double album.

Hail to the Thief - 2003
Along with Amnesiac, one of their darker and moodier albums. The album also marks an end to this run of 3 albums and this style of sound as the next album, and probably their best In Rainbows will once again see the band reinvent itself.

In Rainbows - 2007
Their masterpiece. Now you can say they have many but this is them at their absolute peak. One of the top 3 greatest albums ever put out by any musical artist. First time they really made a huge splash since the release of Kid A as well so a sort of return to form to remind people how special they are. Also the album that almost broke the band up due to how hard and contentious the studio sessions were. Probably also a reason there have only been two Radiohead albums released since In Rainbows.

The King of Limbs - 2011
2011 finally saw the follow up to the massive critical success that was In Rainbows. What came caught a lot of people off guard. It was by far their shortest album at only 37 and a half minutes long. The style of it's structure of songs is incredibly dense. It was drastically different from In Rainbows in every way. There are so many different looped parts of it in place that come and go. Almost Jazz like. You could listen to the album 50 different times and listen to it 50 different ways, choosing to focus on different parts each time. A really beautiful album when you allow yourself to get into it. Due it to it's short length I'm convinced it's meant to be listened to in order start to finish overtime instead of just listening to a song here or there. The way it starts and the way it finishes I'm also convinced the album is supposed to signify the creation of the universe to the galaxy, solar system, planet and then eventually life/nature on earth as the album ends. I think it's one of their most daring albums ever released to follow up In Rainbows with this.

A Moon Shaped Pool - 2016
The longest wait between Radiohead albums eventually brought A Moon Shaped Pool. Which sadly looks like it might be the last Radiohead album. The album was almost a Radiohead collab album as they featured the London Contemporary Orchestra including their choir throughout the album with arrangements written by Jonny Greenwood who in the years leading up during their off time had been making a name for himself in the composing world as he had composed Oscar winning scores for movies and other arrangements. This is the album that certainly features the most heavy influence from Jonny Greenwood although his creative presence is also certainly heavily involved in all their albums. The Smile that this thread is about features Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke as two of it's members. So as A Moon Shaped Pool shows, The Smile features Radiohead's two most important creative members. As a result of this orchestra fused Radiohead album it results in one of their most beautiful and subdued works.

Also one of the absolute best songs they ever put out was The Daily Mail which was written 6 years before being released as single songs 10 months after the release of The King of Limbs. A song with no album but one of their absolute best.

Radiohead fanatics, or Tool fanatics? Which is worse?:poke:
I don’t know any Radiohead fanatics. The Tool fanatics I know are obnoxious at best and annoying. Tool makes far better music, so I at least somewhat understand the fanaticism, so if Radiohead bros are just as obnoxious, they’re worse than the Tool boys