• Udo Dirkschneider

• Dave Mustaine

• David Coverdale

• Vince Neil

• Blackie Lawless

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I could go do far as to say I respect every singer on that list but Vince Neil

When I created the list Vince Neil was a little higher on the list but I kept moving him down but I thought someone would gimme shit for not including him so... and I also had his name listed as Vince Neil (lol)

IMO the right answer is one of the first four listed, beyond that is just filler. I think i'm probably the only Queensryche fan on tHoop so i'll vote for Tate since nobody else will. I have to agree with Willie in regards to Ozzy and Black Sabbath but for me Dio has the perfect Metal voice. Halford is amazing but once in a while he sounded really nasally. I did like Maiden, seen them at an outdoor show with Ratt & Accept in 1986 but he and Maiden are clearly a level below Sabbath, Dio, Priest and for me Queensryche. I also was a big fan of Mercyful Fate, when I first heard Dangerous Meeting I was sold!

Last edited:
Halford or Gillan.

Metal all about the high notes.

IMO the right answer is one of the first four listed, beyond that is just filler. I think i'm probably the only Queensryche fan on tHoop so i'll vote for Tate since nobody else will. I have to agree with Willie in regards to Ozzy and Black Sabbath but for me Dio has the perfect Metal voice. Halford is amazing but once in a while he sounded really nasally. I did like Maiden, seen them at an outdoor show with Ratt & Accept in 1986 but he and Maiden are clearly a level below Sabbath, Dio, Priest and for me Queensryche. I also was a big fan of Mercyful Fate, when I first heard Dangerous Meeting I was sold!
I remember one time I was rocking out to some King Diamond as a teen and my younger brother overheard it, and said it sounded like Elmo from Sesame Street had started a metal band. Cracked me up and I always think of that when I listen to them, love me some King

I know he's nowhere near the top of this list, but I have to at least give a shout-out to Matt Barlow, particularly when he was vocalist for Iced Earth. Dude's voice just oozes "metal badass"

4:48 -if that doesnt get you fired up, you must be dead

Ronnie James Dio
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson
Ozzy Osbourne
Michael Kiske
Harry Conklin
Udo Dirkschneider
Jeff Scott Soto (with Yngwie)
Thomas Rettke (Heaven's Gate)
Paul Di'Anno
King Diamond
Phil Anselmo
Joey Belladonna

...to name a few I really like.

Ronnie James Dio
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson
Ozzy Osbourne
Michael Kiske
Harry Conklin
Udo Dirkschneider
Jeff Scott Soto (with Yngwie)
Thomas Rettke (Heaven's Gate)
Paul Di'Anno
King Diamond
Phil Anselmo
Joey Belladonna

...to name a few I really like.
Forgot about him! :think:

RJD for me........

And I gotta adk why these guys are even on the list:
DLR-loved his schtick as best frontmen ever and liked him even more when he left VH....
Cornel- hes not heavy metal.
Paul Stanley-I liked Kiss back in the day,but heavy metal.....no
Lemmy - he is absolutley horrible,even that overrated Ace of Spades song.
David Coverdale-get outta here with that......
Vince Niel- see above post......

And are the 2000s bands included in this......??

So, I got turned onto Motörhead right around 12 or 13 years old. Lemmy, for me was the voice of metal. There are a lot of other good metal singers on that list, but Lemmy was the one that stuck in my head all these years

After much thought, I went with Dio. Ozzie was my other choice and decided that Ozzie couldn't talk until 2000 so...Dio it is.

Chuck Schuldiner, wasn’t on the list. But understandable. He did it all for the band, Death Angel, Song writer, guitarist, singer. He is the only original member of the band until his death.