The weather is craaaaaazy!

And the bad thing is Environment Canada, they "control" the weather, doesn't know when it is going to be lifted.

Environment Canada is our answer to your National Weather Service

The Atlantic basin looks like a fucking dance party right now. Rene just died so it’s down a little. Vicky (we are to V) might die back to a depression tonight but I don’t discount that it won’t fire elsewhere. Teddy looks like the next big monster.

And Sally is about to give the gulf coast a strong, slow screw.

View attachment 3416

Teddy was the only one worth a glance - and it's headed up to Iceland. Clear sailing....

View attachment 3731

Been like this for the past week or so.

It is smoke from the BC and Washington wildfires
Utter gross. I’ve had one week in FL back in the 90s when it was this bad. Never want it again. I’ll take hurricanes and shit over this.

Utter gross. I’ve had one week in FL back in the 90s when it was this bad. Never want it again. I’ll take hurricanes and shit over this.

Basically Environment Canada has had the same Air Quality report alert up for about a week.

Said it was supposed to be gone Monday...

Now saying this weekend....

But it's us and Vancouver that are being hit.

This is one of the 10 Subarbs of Vancouver...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/air-quality-fire-respiratory-issues-bc-1.5726740

Really? They've been in South Dakota for as long as I remember. I figured they were everywhere.
I figured they were only in the south. 20+ years of google and it’s just not something I ever researched.

More NW, but really central. The greater tri-plex of SB/Mish/Elkhart. Got in the upper 30's at night this weekend, actually stoked up fire place.
Gotcha, I grew up on the Indiana side of the state line about 30 to 45 minutes SE of Ft Wayne. I now live across the line in the same area.

Gotcha, I grew up on the Indiana side of the state line about 30 to 45 minutes SE of Ft Wayne. I now live across the line in the same area.
So, Decatur or Berne area?? I grew up in Fort Wayne.

So, Decatur or Berne area?? I grew up in Fort Wayne.
Yeah just outside of Decatur on the state line. Basically between Rivare (Bobo) & Pleasant Mills in Indiana and Wren & Willshire, OH. The edge of Flying Jet territory (not the damn Braves).

Baby T2 is delighted with the weather these last few days. She's been running cross country meets in temps 85 and above. Had one in the mid-70s yesterday. It was lovely for her old mom too.

Baby T2 is delighted with the weather these last few days. She's been running cross country meets in temps 85 and above. Had one in the mid-70s yesterday. It was lovely for her old mom too.
Running CC in 85°? That'd be too hot for me.

My high school senior year cross country conference meet was 40° & rainy. That was brutal. My worst run of the year & might've even damaged my lungs running in that crap. I wouldn't be happy with 85, but I'd definitely take it over 40.

Running CC in 85°? That'd be too hot for me.

My high school senior year cross country conference meet was 40° & rainy. That was brutal. My worst run of the year & might've even damaged my lungs running in that crap. I wouldn't be happy with 85, but I'd definitely take it over 40.
It's usually in the 90s...I was being kind with the 85, not to mention high humidity. We had some summer workouts where the humidity "feels like" was over 100.

It's usually in the 90s...I was being kind with the 85, not to mention high humidity. We had some summer workouts where the humidity "feels like" was over 100.
Yuck! I'm from WI & always preferred to run with temps in the 60's. 70's are good under cloudy skies.

My best 5K CC time in HS was 17:47 with temps in the 60s.

Raining here.

Godspeed Louisiana. This reminds me of 2004 when we got three storms in six weeks.

Only....this is their third major hurricane this year. And....just like at least one of the two before....this was only a tropical storm 24 hours ago. Now it’s barreling in at 110 mph.

Christ.....

Godspeed Louisiana. This reminds me of 2004 when we got three storms in six weeks.

Only....this is their third major hurricane this year. And....just like at least one of the two before....this was only a tropical storm 24 hours ago. Now it’s barreling in at 110 mph.

Christ.....
Tropical storm watches for North Georgia and SE Tennessee. Can't say I remember that happening too frequently. We've had flash flood warnings for about a day now