Thirsty Thursday

do what you gotta

Specifically, it is legal in all 50 states to make a video recording of anything occurring in one's home, at any time, without the consent of the person that is being recorded. Whether or not the camera is hidden or not, such as a nanny cam, does not affect the legality of the video recording.

OK @AlaskaGuy, OK

i need to watch new season of fargo, but waiting until i get back from vacation

also want to watch new season of black mirror and final season of ozarks

I'm a little behind
Fargo was good

we are watching True Detective, but the episodes come out weekly, so need something else to fill the other times.

We started Night Agent last night...it's not bad but it is better than Fool Me Once

All my afternoon meetings got moved to another day.

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

All my afternoon meetings got moved to another day.

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm currently sitting in my weekly meeting with my client in South America. 90% of the call is in spanish that I can't understand, and then when somebody translates to ask me a question if I have to ask a question back it's another 30 minutes of spanish discussion until I get an answer... or sometimes the call just ends.

Every week it's a giant waste of time. Lucky for me, and them, we're probably hiring one of my old mexican colleagues, so he can deal with them in their native language.

I'm currently sitting in my weekly meeting with my client in South America. 90% of the call is in spanish that I can't understand, and then when somebody translates to ask me a question if I have to ask a question back it's another 30 minutes of spanish discussion until I get an answer... or sometimes the call just ends.

Every week it's a giant waste of time. Lucky for me, and them, we're probably hiring one of my old mexican colleagues, so he can deal with them in their native language.
Sounds just like a good ole Spanish Inquisition to me.

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

Sounds like some of the calls I used to be on. We contracted out audit work for LATAM clients since most of the mobile vendors don't prioritize having support reps who speak English, or in some cases won't deal with 3rd parties who don't habla. I'd get on the call, let the auditor who did the work explain it, and then book whatever savings was actioned. Understood maybe 5% of what was discussed.

Sounds like some of the calls I used to be on. We contracted out audit work for LATAM clients since most of the mobile vendors don't prioritize having support reps who speak English, or in some cases won't deal with 3rd parties who don't habla. I'd get on the call, let the auditor who did the work explain it, and then book whatever savings was actioned. Understood maybe 5% of what was discussed.

Today we're configuring SAML authentication between Microsoft and their backend server.

Lucky for me they have a Spanglish speaker today so we can make more than 5 minutes progress through the hour+ long call.

Typical lazy american only knowing one language

Fargo was good

we are watching True Detective, but the episodes come out weekly, so need something else to fill the other times.

Mindhunter on Netflix is excellent.

took advantage of this gorgeous day and took a ride down to Allaire State Park and grabbed lunch in Asbury Park.