tOfficial 2020/2021 MLB offseason thread

Big signing for the yanks. I wasn’t sure they were going to get it done this off season. A big check mark off there to do list
Nothing like paying 3 different guys huge contracts well into their late 30s

Nothing like paying 3 different guys huge contracts well into their late 30s
Come on now that’s what the Yankees do. What have you been living under a rock?

White Sox better win the AL Central. They got me caring again.

The Pirates got Head from the Padres

6 year $150M

6 year $150M
EsJYenYVQAAXT1P

:heh:

The expanded playoffs were a bit much IMO, but in all likelihood the DH is coming in 2022, it’s just ridiculous to go from having it to not having it to having it again in 3 straight seasons

Hernandez decides to jump back on to the sinking ship.

Sadly he is either our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player depending on how you look at things. :pound:

:pound: I dont really like Schilling as a person but he probably deserve to be in the hall of fame based on his playing career

THIS is fucking hilarious though considering the person it is coming from

:pound: I dont really like Schilling as a person but he probably deserve to be in the hall of fame based on his playing career

THIS is fucking hilarious though considering the person it is coming from

Glavine and Schilling have identical fWAR's and Glavine has a higher career ERA. Additionally, Schilling has more SO's and a better WHIP. Glavine does have 300+ wins, but he played for the 1990s Braves, ffs. Schilling played in Philadelphia for most of his career.

Glavine was a first ballot of famer, while Schilling is going to have to wait for the Veteran's committee. This is insane.

Glavine and Schilling have identical fWAR's and Glavine has a higher career ERA. Additionally, Schilling has more SO's and a better WHIP. Glavine does have 300+ wins, but he played for the 1990s Braves, ffs. Schilling played in Philadelphia for most of his career.

Glavine was a first ballot of famer, while Schilling is going to have to wait for the Veteran's committee. This is insane.
It’s a broken system. It’s pretty crazy considering it seems like everyone that isn’t a hall of fame voter or deadspin-esqe news group believes he is a hall of famer. Yet here we are