tOfficial 2023 trade deadline thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Angels made the first real splash move last night trading for Giolito.

Dodgers traded Noah Synderguard to Guardians for Amed Rosario yesterday as well.

What a stupid fucking trade for us, i'm no Rasario fan, he's ass on defense. But why trade him for a guy that was probably gonna get DFA'd anyway?
Rosario was one of the worst qualified hitters in the Majors this year, if he’s ass on defense too, he was a DFA candidate as well

Rosario was one of the worst qualified hitters in the Majors this year, if he’s ass on defense too, he was a DFA candidate as well

I woulda rather they DFAd him lol. We have plenty of SP prospects they could give chances to, but instead they bring up a washed up Syndergaard to be roadkill in the rotation whenever hes healthy.

I woulda rather they DFAd him lol. We have plenty of SP prospects they could give chances to, but instead they bring up a washed up Syndergaard to be roadkill in the rotation whenever hes healthy.
I think it’s more the Dodgers are in bad need of a shortstop so they traded for two of the worst qualified hitters in baseball hoping a change of scenery(or a return to familiar scenery in Hernandez’s case) will help.

Guardians swapped what sounds like a terrible short stop for a terrible starting pitcher. I don’t think either player will have much of an impact.

It’s not a move I’d be too upset or happy with.

I think it’s more the Dodgers are in bad need of a shortstop so they traded for two of the worst qualified hitters in baseball hoping a change of scenery(or a return to familiar scenery in Hernandez’s case) will help.

Guardians swapped what sounds like a terrible short stop for a terrible starting pitcher. I don’t think either player will have much of an impact.

It’s not a move I’d be too upset or happy with.

Rosario just plays incredibly lazy too, there's been a few times this year he's gotten throw out or doubled up on plays no major leaguer should because he likes to hot dog it sometimes. Dodgers fans are going to hate his defense more than anything, he's not a guy you want playing SS even semi regularly.

Rosario just plays incredibly lazy too, there's been a few times this year he's gotten throw out or doubled up on plays no major leaguer should because he likes to hot dog it sometimes. Dodgers fans are going to hate his defense more than anything, he's not a guy you want playing SS even semi regularly.
Hernandez will probably get time at short for them since he’s a familiar face and all.

Both Rosario and Syndergaard are free agents after the season. This is about as low of leverage move as either team could make IMO

feels like a trade that won't really end up mattering for either team. I do think Rosario has more upside, but he also has to hit well because his defense is bad

Also, Dodgers are sending cash in the deal. Don’t know how much, but it’s probably a financial wash

Trading one of the heart and souls of your young team for this teams 10 millionth slap hitting middle infield prospect who's in rookie ball.

Ben Cherington is a domestic terrorist.

Trading one of the heart and souls of your young team for this teams 10 millionth slap hitting middle infield prospect who's in rookie ball.

Ben Cherington is a domestic terrorist.

I agree in principle, but Pirates are going nowhere this season and Santana is in his late 30’s. I think getting something for him is the right move.

I agree in principle, but Pirates are going nowhere this season and Santana is in his late 30’s. I think getting something for him is the right move.
I hate that it was another slap hitting middle infielder in rookie ball for a team that is supposedly close to contending.

I didn't expect them to play .667 ball all season, but I also didn't expect them to play .350 ball since. Their record from May to July would have them winning 55 games across a full season.
The worst part is they're somewhere between arrogant and just clueless sounding in handling it. They were 100% too good too fast but at least pretend to sound bothered when they've got:

-The insistence in not just playing Hedges in the middle of a historically bad offensive season (and he's not even that good defensively outside of some cherry picked stats), but that Hedges response to getting booed was "fans just don't understand our game." And THEN if that wasn't bad enough making the broadcasters and media members propagandize about how great he is at said cherry picked stats.

-Top pitching prospects falling apart in the Majors

-Drafting Henry Davis first overall and playing him off position because they just have to play that fuck wit Hedges.

-"Well our projections showed we would be a fourth place team in years four of a rebuild."

KYS Cherington.

Hernandez will probably get time at short for them since he’s a familiar face and all.

Both Rosario and Syndergaard are free agents after the season. This is about as low of leverage move as either team could make IMO
Fun fact: Despite having nearly 1600 fewer plate appearances, Syndergaard has 1 more career home run than Myles Straw.

Weird to see the fish as buyers