Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
First round as of 08/19/2020 at 7pm

VGK takes the series 4-1 over Chicago
Tampa Bay takes the series 4-1 over Columbus
Boston takes the series 4-1 over Carolina
Colorado takes the series 4-1 over Arizona

Flyers lead Canadiens 3-1. Play tonight.
Canucks and Blues knotted up at 2-2. Play tonight.

Isles lead Capitals 3-1 in the series. Play tomorrow.
Stars lead Flames 3-2 in the series. Play tomorrow.

As I am typing this Colorado claims the 4th win in the series against Arizona is dominating fashion 7-1 final, might be trying to make a statement.

Next round will not be so lop sided.

At this point, I see the West coming down to VGK and Colorado. East coming down to Flyers and Lightning. Can't count out the Isles though.

Islanders finish off the Capitals season tonight moving on to round two.

So if I am correct, assuming the Flyers win tomorrow the east will be set up like so...

Flyers vs. Islanders
Lightning vs Boston

Still hard to say what is going to happen in the West. Dallas and Calgary are currently tied up 3-3 in game 6. Series is at 3-2 lead for Dallas. If Dallas takes the series tonight, they will be playing Colorado in round 2. And Vegas will play the winner of St Louis and Vancouver

So if I am correct, assuming the Flyers win tomorrow the east will be set up like so...

Flyers vs. Islanders
Lightning vs Boston

Still hard to say what is going to happen in the West. Dallas and Calgary are currently tied up 3-3 in game 6. Series is at 3-2 lead for Dallas. If Dallas takes the series tonight, they will be playing Colorado in round 2. And Vegas will play the winner of St Louis and Vancouver

That should be a great series no matter who pulls through.

Disappointed by the Caps performance but I gotta say I just can’t get into the bubble hockey
barry trotz smh GIF

Disappointed by the Caps performance but I gotta say I just can’t get into the bubble hockey
barry trotz smh GIF
The Isles had the neutral zone and their own zone LOCKED. DOWN. That's Cup-raising hockey right there. Trotz is a helluva coach and if he can keep his boys as tight as they were last night they're going to give EVERYONE fits.

Flyers vs. Islanders
Lightning vs Boston

Islanders in 5, maybe 6 if they take a game off.

Boston/Tampa is tough. On paper Tampa has a serious advantage, but I like the Bruins grit and their huge coaching advantage. Let's see if the Bruins can rally around their back up goaler and keep the Lightning forwards on the perimeter.

barry trotz smh GIF
Yeah, I'm struggling to get all kinds of excited about it as well.

Islanders in 5, maybe 6 if they take a game off.

Boston/Tampa is tough. On paper Tampa has a serious advantage, but I like the Bruins grit and their huge coaching advantage. Let's see if the Bruins can rally around their back up goaler and keep the Lightning forwards on the perimeter.
Yeah idk. Islanders were looking good, but the Caps were also looking bad lol. Lightning should be winning cups, but can't seem to put it together in the playoffs... doubt this year will be different.

This is going to be Vegas' year lol.

Yeah idk. Islanders were looking good, but the Caps were also looking bad lol. Lightning should be winning cups, but can't seem to put it together in the playoffs... doubt this year will be different.

This is going to be Vegas' year lol.
Just say no to Vegas LOL

Dallas takes game 1 in round 2 against Colorado winning 5-3.

In the news--- my thoughts
Colorados goalie, Grubauer goes down and out of the game. --- That will be a big issue to recover from.

Caps fire their head coach of 2 years --- for apparently losing to solid teams in the first round. Caps are an aging team, they need some young blood.

Marc-Andre Fleury's agent tweets a photo of him being stabbed in the back with a sword implying that Fleury will likely be on the bench in game 1 against the Canucks. --- Fleury's agent can go fuck himself. Why would he do something like this, create hostility, distraction, etc... on a team that is favored to win the Stanley Cup? If Fleury really had no knowledge of this being done in advance, he should fire him and pick up a new agent. We all know Fleury is almost done anyway, I figued they already had this talk and that is specifically why Lehner is getting all these starts, to get him that big time playoff experience to build his confidence and poise. Fleury is an excellent, HoF goaltender.... but this is divisive to a team that already lives inside a bubble for these playoffs. Hopefully nothing comes of it in the lockerroom.

Update on Rnd 2....

Golden Knights vs Canucks... 1-1
Stars vs Avs... 2-0
Flyers vs Isles... 1-1
Lightning vs Bruins... 1-1

I think most everyone had Colorado making it to the conference finals if not the Stanley Cup (myself included) lol - tough uphill climb after shitting the bed twice now.