tOfficial Night Shift Thread v59 - Now with less Reluctant Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the mid-90's there was this place in the West Village called Cafe de Bruxelles. They had a great brunch menu that paired all the classic Belgian beers with the different menu items. Duvel, Orval, Chimay, Leffe, some others that I can't remember now.

And they sold the fries in the paper cone
I've been! The price for moule & frite was insanely low, and there was many a late night there. Manager was a dark-skinned Belgian, right? :D

90 day fiance survival GIF by TLC Europe

Friday nights at Doles must be exhilarating with cutting out coupons all evening. Lol

speaking of big brown patches....someone sent me a text of a naked 90s kim bassinger yesterday. you just dont see old school bush like that much anymore.
"hold my miller lite" - edisto

I've been! The price for moule & frite was insanely low, and there was many a late night there. Manager was a dark-skinned Belgian, right? :D
I don't know if I ever met the manager? A lot of the staff were Belgian or French, I recall that much.

There used to be a ton of bars and cafes in lower manhattan that had a good selection of Euro-beers, but I hardly ever get down there any more. One of my favorites was Burp Castle, the servers were dressed up like Abbey monks and wouldn't speak to you.

I don't know if I ever met the manager? A lot of the staff were Belgian or French, I recall that much.

There used to be a ton of bars and cafes in lower manhattan that had a good selection of Euro-beers, but I hardly ever get down there any more. One of my favorites was Burp Castle, the servers were dressed up like Abbey monks and wouldn't speak to you.
blind tiger, thirsty scholar :rip: old ny....my buddy did say downtonw was hopping last night as he attended an octoberfest on elizabeth st

The place was super sleepy, even when there were several customers, as I remember. I never saw more than two workers there at any one time.

The Burp Castle place sounds like a fun trip.

blind tiger, thirsty scholar :rip: old ny....my buddy did say downtonw was hopping last night as he attended an octoberfest on elizabeth st
I remember Thirsty Scholar, never went to Blind Tiger. Telephone was another favorite of mine, but it was a little farther north on 3rd or 2nd Ave. And there was another place called Riverrun but it was over in Chelsea or Tribeca. A little more expensive on their food but they had really good flights

The place was super sleepy, even when there were several customers, as I remember. I never saw more than two workers there at any one time.

The Burp Castle place sounds like a fun trip.
It was, it was actually two bars side-by-side, and they shared a beer cellar. They had over 300 different bottles and about 2 dozen taps, plus they would get casks in season. Can't recall the other name. I'm getting old

I'm glad you mentioned coupons, my friend.

Pay attention, you ignorant morons. You can now load these digitally on your fucking devices and use them automatically at checkout.
Its not like you have to scour newspapers for hours.

Today I bought Schick Extreme 4 (4 blades each razor) 3 razors at a local store. List price $8.99.
I loaded an online coupon for -$4.00, added a club user discount for -$1.20 and a clipped coupon from the Sunday paper for -$4.00.
They paid me $.21 to walk out of the store with them for free.

I saved 38% on the overall transaction.

Coupons are free money.

View attachment 7054
So whats the deal with this GoodRX I always see commercials for? Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.