tOfficial Night Shift Thread v59 - Now with less Reluctant Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
tired chris farley GIF

this is what I'm fishing for.

Dammit. You suck.

My kids play among us

My gut reaction is that its a super secret cult that lures kids in with video games

BUT, what they tell me and their mother is that it's just a computer role play game where you have to figure out which one of the players is an alien. So it's kinda like Mafia, or a dozen other variations we've all played as youngsters, but it's on-line

beast plays among us.....i have no idea what it is. now fortnight...pew pew bitches!

So pissed.... my youngest and I were quite the team, and then the app stores stopped getting the updates.

My kids play among us

My gut reaction is that its a super secret cult that lures kids in with video games

BUT, what they tell me and their mother is that it's just a computer role play game where you have to figure out which one of the players is an alien. So it's kinda like Mafia, or a dozen other variations we've all played as youngsters, but it's on-line
Ok, so this is accurate. They have to figure out the imposter. Reminded me of a digital Clue.

Problem is, in order to do this, it requires communication with everyone that's playing. My daughter is almost 9, but is super smart for her age. Her vocabulary is off the charts ridiculous.

We have talked with her multiple times, about only communicating within the context of the game. My wife an I argue over whether she should be allowed to play it. I say no, she's too young, but the wife thinks it's fine, as she's talked with her and feels confident she stays within those parameters.

I trust her, with the notion that she tells us everything. She is really good about it.

Yesterday she informed me that someone asked how old she was, but told me not to worry, cuz she lied and told em' she was 12.

:facepalm: 😣🔫

Ok, so this is accurate. They have to figure out the imposter. Reminded me of a digital Clue.

Problem is, in order to do this, it requires communication with everyone that's playing. My daughter is almost 9, but is super smart for her age. Her vocabulary is off the charts ridiculous.

We have talked with her multiple times, about only communicating within the context of the game. My wife an I argue over whether she should be allowed to play it. I say no, she's too young, but the wife thinks it's fine, as she's talked with her and feels confident she stays within those parameters.

I trust her, with the notion that she tells us everything. She is really good about it.

Yesterday she informed me that someone asked how old she was, but told me not to worry, cuz she lied and told em' she was 12.

Yeah, see...my kids are only playing it with people they know, either friends from school or from their church youth group. No unknowns. That was one of the first things we wanted to know, who's on there with you

Also, LOL @ your daughter's "ingenuity"

Yeah, see...my kids are only playing it with people they know, either friends from school or from their church youth group. No unknowns. That was one of the first things we wanted to know, who's on there with you

Also, LOL @ your daughter's "ingenuity"
Right? I'm like, THAT does not make me feel any better.

we axed fortnight for a long time(year maybe) because she lied to us about talking to people in the game...she just recently got it back

Yeah.... that's tough, dude. On the one hand... it's a COVID world, and social isolationism is real... :(

We had Social Contracts that they had to make with us, when they first started. Of course, we started ours on iPods, that could only access wifi, and we pretty much controlled everything.... including downloading apps from the app store. We could also... without warning, at any time, demand to see their activity.

I didn't do a deep search, but here's an example of one you could use.

from here Family Contract for Online Safety | SafeKids.com

Status
Not open for further replies.