tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

Not even close ... you guys whine and moan about the SEC playing 8 IC games, while you play 9. Now you think you can play 4 games less, meaning 4 opportunities for a loss, and somehow that's the same as a 10 game SEC or ACC slate? Stop. And it's self inflicted. You didn't have to follow along like the B1Gs bitch. Hell, you couldn't even get the re-launch right, waiting a couple weeks.

The committee doesn’t want a title that’s seen as illegitimate. They will do every thing possible to make sure undefeated P5 schools are given a chance

The committee doesn’t want a title that’s seen as illegitimate. They will do every thing possible to make sure undefeated P5 schools are given a chance
I'm serious when I ask ... how would it be illegitimate? Don't you agree that there is a huge difference in playing 11 and 7 games. 4 less games for a loss. 4 less games to get injuries. Again, it's mainstream sports board argument that the SEC wins all their NCs because they play 1 less IC game. If anything, wouldn't it be illegitimate if a 7-0 team gets in over 10-1 team that played 4 more games a lot more competition? Hell, the PAC is the first league out when they play a full slate and no one says it's illegitimate.

What will be interesting is to see how Oregon plays in its one crossover game. If it isn't USC or Utah, or whoever is the best team in the South, that won't help your case. But my guess is they will give Oregon and USC the easiest crossover, the hope being two 6-0 teams in the CCG.

But, glad you're playing. Any news on the folks who opted out. You had some good players decide not to play.

I'm serious when I ask ... how would it be illegitimate? Don't you agree that there is a huge difference in playing 11 and 7 games. 4 less games for a loss. 4 less games to get injuries. Again, it's mainstream sports board argument that the SEC wins all their NCs because they play 1 less IC game. If anything, wouldn't it be illegitimate if a 7-0 team gets in over 10-1 team that played 4 more games a lot more competition? Hell, the PAC is the first league out when they play a full slate and no one says it's illegitimate.

What will be interesting is to see how Oregon plays in its one crossover game. If it isn't USC or Utah, or whoever is the best team in the South, that won't help your case. But my guess is they will give Oregon and USC the easiest crossover, the hope being two 6-0 teams in the CCG.

But, glad you're playing. Any news on the folks who opted out. You had some good players decide not to play.

The CFP is relatively new and the last thing they want is a disputed title, which is likely to happen if a P5 team goes undefeated and is left out. They are more likely to expand the field for this year than leave an undefeated out.

I haven’t heard any news about the opt outs potentially opting back in. I’m guessing that news will come in the next week

Not at all IMO. Unless the SEC/ACC don't get 10 games in. Let's say you have UGA, Bama and UF at 10-1, 10-1, 9-1, as SEC games. Not a chance a 7-0 Oregon gets in playing 3-4 less games. I am assuming Clemson at 12-0, and ND at 11-1. Have no idea what that B12 is going to do based on what we've seen so far.

Look, the PAC fucked up bad. That's on them. If other conferences get 11 - 12 games in, and if you have a 2nd place team that is 10-1, or 11-1, they will get in before 7-0 PAC team, IMO.

Let's not forget that you PAC fans have for years gone on and on about the SEC playing one less IC game. One less game. Now you are going to tell me playing 4 less games is no biggie. GTFO with that.

I think it's possible for them to get a team in the playoff, but it's going to be difficult.

The 7th game will be between schools from each division that finished in the same spot (1st place vs. 1st place, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc.).

USC and Oregon are each favored to win their division. Assuming all conferences play all of their games, then it would be really difficult but could be done. If USC and Oregon each finish 6-0, wins their games handily and for example the Big 12 Champion has 2 losses...it would be difficult for the committee to not take the winner of USC/Oregon.

Obviously, other conferences having to cancel some games while the PAC didn't, would help the PAC's case as well because it would make the PAC playing fewer games less of an obstacle.

This whole thing is completely unprecedented. So, I'd say it's pretty likely that the committee will make some adjustments so that each conferences champion at least gets some consideration if their records justify it.

We're seeing games canceled/postponed left and right. No one knows how many games the SEC, BigXII, ACC, BigTen, and PAC will actually end up playing.

Whoever wins this year isn’t going to be viewed as legitimate by any one who isn’t a fan of whoever wins.

Whoever wins this year isn’t going to be viewed as legitimate by any one who isn’t a fan of whoever wins.

I disagree. I think there will be an asterisk because of the circumstances. But I think the eventual champion, assuming we get one, will be legit.

In fact, they may even get a little extra credit considering what teams have had to go through just to play.

*Edit: Unless the Domers somehow win it. If they do, then yeah, not legit at all.*

I disagree. I think there will be an asterisk because of the circumstances. But I think the eventual champion, assuming we get one, will be legit.

In fact, they may even get a little extra credit considering what teams have had to go through just to play.

*Edit: Unless the Domers somehow win it. If they do, then yeah, not legit at all.*
Pretty sure it will go this way ... the B1G and the PAC are more likely to ad an asterisk assuming they don't get in or win. The winner from the ACC, SEC or B12 will realize that it was much harder to win it this year in that you had to play so many IC games, and so few cupcakes. Not to mention all the shit they had to go through just to get the season off the ground while the B1G and PAC tried the best they could to kibosh the season. Whoever wins it won't give a fuck and will simply reply "scoreboard, losers." I assure you that should we finally win it, we will be off the 1980 schnide no matter that you will all continue to say, "1980" which is what I would fully expect on a sportsboard.

But, if there is an asterisk, it will be to point out this was a more difficult year to win, not the opposite.

Eh, I can’t get there. What team that is a legitimate threat has their real team? This isn’t a star player played and got hurt, it’s they have a star that opted out because they thought they would catch a cold.

Pretty sure it will go this way ... the B1G and the PAC are more likely to ad an asterisk assuming they don't get in or win. The winner from the ACC, SEC or B12 will realize that it was much harder to win it this year in that you had to play so many IC games, and so few cupcakes. Not to mention all the shit they had to go through just to get the season off the ground while the B1G and PAC tried the best they could to kibosh the season. Whoever wins it won't give a fuck and will simply reply "scoreboard, losers." I assure you that should we finally win it, we will be off the 1980 schnide no matter that you will all continue to say, "1980" which is what I would fully expect on a sportsboard.

But, if there is an asterisk, it will be to point out this was a more difficult year to win, not the opposite.
If Oklahoma or Texas win the title then how isn’t it an asterisk? The Sun Belt has proven to be a better league than the Big 12.

If Oklahoma or Texas win the title then how isn’t it an asterisk? The Sun Belt has proven to be a better league than the Big 12.
You are overreacting to 3 games against teams not OU and UT. If they go 11-0 with a CC, then beat the likes of Bama, Clemson, tOSU, how would that mean an asterisk? Hell, to apply what you are saying, the PAC could never be legit based on the all the OOC losses you guys have year in and year out. You could almost make the same argument for Clemson who plays in the ACC, but we don't. Run your slate of 10-11 games, win the CC, then 2 CFP games and you are a legitimate NC.

You are overreacting to 3 games against teams not OU and UT. If they go 11-0 with a CC, then beat the likes of Bama, Clemson, tOSU, how would that mean an asterisk? Hell, to apply what you are saying, the PAC could never be legit based on the all the OOC losses you guys have year in and year out. You could almost make the same argument for Clemson who plays in the ACC, but we don't. Run your slate of 10-11 games, win the CC, then 2 CFP games and you are a legitimate NC.
he's a Wazzu fan, u don't need to make any sense. If ou won it I won't even try to shit on it and I'm a die hard Texas fan. Acting like this doesn't count is idiotic, players have been asked to be disciplined outside the facilities, get anxiety every week hoping they can still play on Saturdays.. and some of you won't acknowledge this legit season? LOSERS.

I can't speak to the B1G, but the PAC's biggest issue apparently was states with PAC teams not being able to open things up as early. The way the thing spread, the western states were hit last. The California schools just got approval from the state to have gatherings of more than 12.

I will say though, what the B1G and PAC did wrong that the other 3 conferences didn't, was cancelling their seasons rather than postponing.

It seems like a small difference, but it really was pretty big. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 schools were able to continue preparing for a season, while the B1G and PAC schools couldn't. That's why they are having to start their seasons later.

Eh, I can’t get there. What team that is a legitimate threat has their real team? This isn’t a star player played and got hurt, it’s they have a star that opted out because they thought they would catch a cold.

From what I've seen, most of the star players are playing and some are looking to be reinstated. It looks like the NCAA is going grant those as well.

From what I've seen, most of the star players are playing and some are looking to be reinstated. It looks like the NCAA is going grant those as well.
Eh. Well fuck the kids that opted out. If I were the NCAA I would tell them to pound sand.

Eh. Well fuck the kids that opted out. If I were the NCAA I would tell them to pound sand.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. These circumstances are far from normal.

If that is the case then are you cool with a G5 school getting into the playoff? Texas and Oklahoma are playing a G5 conference this year, and you can’t compare the ACC to what the Big 12 has done to start the season. Unless you are saying those games have an asterisk next to them because of Covid which goes to my point.

And I don’t give two cents about the Pac 12, I hope every team besides Washington State loses every game.