tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

Oregon, USC and Colorado are the only 2-0 teams in the PAC 12

Oregon, USC and Colorado are the only 2-0 teams in the PAC 12

And USC is barely 2-0. Last years team would be 0-2. Maaaaybe 1-1, but definitely not 2-0.

I think we win the PAC South, but the only things that give me hope that we can actually win the PAC is that, it's early (although with the truncated schedule, it's going to "get late early") and while they've looked better than USC has...Oregon hasn't exactly looked like world beaters either.

And USC is barely 2-0. Last years team would be 0-2. Maaaaybe 1-1, but definitely not 2-0.

I think we win the PAC South, but the only things that give me hope that we can actually win the PAC is that, it's early (although with the truncated schedule, it's going to "get late early") and while they've looked better than USC has...Oregon hasn't exactly looked like world beaters either.

It depends on what the expectations are. I didn't expect Oregon to be a playoff team this year and I thought Utah, UW, Oregon or USC could easily win the PAC at the beginning of the year. I think Oregon's success recruiting (Particularly 2021) is causing people to think this team is a lot better than they are. They lost some key guys from last year and a ton of important opt outs. The people shocked Oregon "only" won by 21 and 14 just weren't in touch with reality IMO.

It depends on what the expectations are. I didn't expect Oregon to be a playoff team this year and I thought Utah, UW, Oregon or USC could easily win the PAC at the beginning of the year. I think Oregon's success recruiting (Particularly 2021) is causing people to think this team is a lot better than they are. They lost some key guys from last year and a ton of important opt outs. The people shocked Oregon "only" won by 21 and 14 just weren't in touch with reality IMO.

Agree. I didn't see USC as true cfp contender either, but figured they or Oregon could possibly get there if they went unbeaten, looked good doing it and got some help with a couple of other contenders losing at least 2 games.

The Oregon/USC 2021 "recruiting war" has been fun to watch. I think the last class rankings I saw had Oregon #5 in the country and USC #6 or vice versa. Hopefully they can both hold those classes together, if not add to them. I know USC is still in the running for some pretty high level talent. Not sure if Oregon is, I haven't paid close attention, but I would assume they are.

Agree. I didn't see USC as true cfp contender either, but figured they or Oregon could possibly get there if they went unbeaten, looked good doing it and got some help with a couple of other contenders losing at least 2 games.

The Oregon/USC 2021 "recruiting war" has been fun to watch. I think the last class rankings I saw had Oregon #5 in the country and USC #6 or vice versa. Hopefully they can both hold those classes together, if not add to them. I know USC is still in the running for some pretty high level talent. Not sure if Oregon is, I haven't paid close attention, but I would assume they are.

Clemson losing to ND really hurt the PACs chances IMO. They can't have ND and Clemson both have one loss. They also probably need Texas A&M to lose one more.

As for recruiting, Oregon's class is mostly full but there are a few big targets left. JTT is probably their biggest target that remains out there.

My bad, the Cougs played like shit in the 2nd half and showed de Laura and Coach Rolo’s inexperience which they will learn from. Good game Oregon, you still have zero chance of being a legitimate top 5 team.

My bad, the Cougs played like shit in the 2nd half and showed de Laura and Coach Rolo’s inexperience which they will learn from. Good game Oregon, you still have zero chance of being a legitimate top 5 team.

I'll settle for being an illegitimate top 5 team in a month.

Clemson losing to ND really hurt the PACs chances IMO. They can't have ND and Clemson both have one loss. They also probably need Texas A&M to lose one more.

As for recruiting, Oregon's class is mostly full but there are a few big targets left. JTT is probably their biggest target that remains out there.

Yeah, now I may have to root for those damn Domers in the ACC Championship game. lol

I'm not sure how many USC has left, but one they are apparently considered the favorite for (according to 24/7), Korey Foreman, could give USC the #1 class or close.

Merton Hanks, the Pac-12 assoc. commish for football ops, said he didn't want to get ahead of the conference on the potential for changing the rule to allow non-conference football games. But ... "We’ll certainly take a look, I’d imagine," he said.

Nothing is set yet, but there's a possibility that USC could be playing Colorado next week instead of Utah.

Has anyone heard from or checked on the UCLA and Cal players from their 9 am start on Sunday? hope they are all ok.

Has anyone heard from or checked on the UCLA and Cal players from their 9 am start on Sunday? hope they are all ok.

they're all dead friday the 13th GIF

I know he has an aggressive style. But I think he may have them playing too aggressively. A lot of their missed tackles are from over pursuing and running past guys.

I know he has an aggressive style. But I think he may have them playing too aggressively. A lot of their missed tackles are from over pursuing and running past guys.
trust me.. I know all about it homie :(

trust me.. I know all about it homie :(

I'll give him credit for one thing. He made adjustments. Gunnell was killing them when they were in man coverage by taking off and running with the ball. So, he had one of the linebackers "spy" him and it ended up with the defense getting some sacks and making him throw the ball away.

It took him a little longer than it probably should have. But better late than never. lol

On the flip side last year SC’s defense was far too lax. LBs, CB’s and Safeties playing far too off the ball. Gabe up way too much cushion last year. Would be nice to find a happy medium. Was a little worried when Drake Jackson and Hufanga left the field in the first half.I can say Drake Jackson And Marlon T have been impressive so far. Offense definitely needs some work tho

Not sure if anyone knows what’s going on with Flowe up north seeing reports of a meniscus tear? Hope he has a speedy recovery if true.