tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

Ah yes mail in voting .. because going to a voting booth with proper ID and voting there is hard to do unlike going to the grocery store and partying it up in the dorms.

Pac-12 athletic departments announce commitment for 2020 National Voter Registration Day

All Pac-12 athletics departments to facilitate registration and acquisition of mail-in ballots for all willing and eligible student-athletes by Sept. 22, 2020

SAN FRANCISCO – As part of the Pac-12’s social justice & anti-racism efforts, the Conference today announced a collective commitment among all 12 member athletics programs to facilitate registration and acquisition of mail-in ballots for all willing and eligible student-athletes prior to 2020 National Voter Registration Day on Sept. 22, 2020. Initially proposed by Pac-12 football and men’s basketball head coaches, the commitment was recently unanimously approved by the Pac-12 Council, which is composed of Pac-12 athletic directors, senior women administrators, faculty athletic representatives and student-athlete representatives.

“For many student-athletes, this is their first opportunity to participate in an election,” said Jimmy Lake, head coach for Washington football. “As members of our community, it is crucial that we not only educate our young men and women on the importance of voting and how to register, but to also help them understand the many dynamics of voting on the local and federal levels. Change will only happen if we take action. I encourage our younger generation to use their voice by exercising their right to vote.”

Charmin Smith, head coach for Cal women’s basketball, added: "It’s imperative that our student-athletes understand the importance of exercising their right to vote, a right that many have had to fight so hard for. I believe the youth will be responsible for the majority of the change we seek surrounding social justice and anti-racism. Their voices must be heard, and actively participating in the electoral process is a solid next step."

"While we would normally be focused on getting ready for a season, the reality is we all have a lot more time than we otherwise would and it is great to see our coaches get involved like this as we need to take full advantage of this opportunity as if we were executing a game plan," said Chase Griffin, redshirt freshman quarterback for UCLA football. "Though it is an important action, voting is just a first step in addressing many of the issues we see today. Moving forward, both players and coaches need to ask themselves internal questions. What are their values? What changes do they want to see in their communities? In the world? For many of us, this is our first election to participate in and we need to be prepared and get involved."

Anne Ryschon, senior for Stanford women’s lightweight rowing, added: "Student-athletes are part of an age demographic that has been far too under-represented at the ballot box. With this initiative we hope for Pac-12 student-athletes to lead by example by utilizing our athletics platform to encourage and inspire young adults to exercise their right to vote. By voting, we all have a seat at the table to advocate for change, better our communities and help shape our collective future."

In July 2020, the Pac-12 announced a series of initial steps to promote social justice and combat racism, including the formation of a social justice & anti-racism advisory group composed of a cross section of university athletics and academic leaders and student-athletes, representing all 12 universities.
Today’s announcement also follows similar efforts taking place by member institutions to provide information to student-athletes on the importance of voting as well as registration information for those who are willing and eligible.

Jeez, this country is so divided right now.. I thought we were gonna get tired of winning?

Jeez, this country is so divided right now.. I thought we were gonna get tired of winning?
Only someone clueless would think Trump is the one pulling this shit while brainwashing these kids in college. Now the worthless fvcks want the govt. to pay for their worthless degrees. I was humping a full pack and an M16 two weeks after I turned 18. Military should be mandatory for both the kids and professors.

PAC looks so weak right now as I am watching Texas St and SMU play, and Memphis vs Arkansas St play. They could figure it out, but PAC can't?

It's going to only look worse when the Big12,ACC,SEC start playing and before we know it it's mid October and everyone is playing without any major issues.

PAC looks so weak right now as I am watching Texas St and SMU play, and Memphis vs Arkansas St play. They could figure it out, but PAC can't?

It's going to only look worse when the Big12,ACC,SEC start playing and before we know it it's mid October and everyone is playing without any major issues.
The Pac 12 had it figured out dude. They are kicking the can down the road for the players wanting to defacto unionize. Washington, Oregon and California high school athletic associations already have it figured out, they are waiting on the governors who are waiting on Larry Scott, who is waiting on the presidents and Chancellors, who are waiting on the experts who are waiting on the mob which is waiting to riot if the football is played and the players don’t get what they want.

And there it is. Knew this one was obviously going to happen.

Ducks OT Penei Sewell announces he won't be involved in any spring or fall 2021 season and will be leaving to enter the NFL draft.

So when the Ducks do play again, it will be with 5 new starting Olineman, a new QB, and a new OC.

And there it is. Knew this one was obviously going to happen.

Ducks OT Penei Sewell announces he won't be involved in any spring or fall 2021 season and will be leaving to enter the NFL draft.

So when the Ducks do play again, it will be with 5 new starting Olineman, a new QB, and a new OC.
Sewell was a big proponent of that PAC players association.

Sewell was a big proponent of that PAC players association.
And now he's off to the NFL to be paid a kings ransom and have little to no interaction with the PAC ever again. Which drives home the whole stupidity of that NCAA athletics should be unionized and thus be paid salaries. The morons who call it slavery.

They left out the Big 12 in this pic. =/

pac12.jpg

Love this early get. Very important local.for the 2022 class. All signs pointed to the Dawgs being the favorites but nice to see him shut it down early.
Both Welliver & Johnson have expressed interest in Washington.

Yet no PAC football.

I was humping my dog and an M16 two weeks after I turned 18. Military should be mandatory for both the kids and professors.
Leave the bestiality out of the CFB forums, please.