tOfficial Wild Card round thread

Eliminate divisions, go balanced, league only schedule, top 4 teams by record go to playoffs.
Nah, that’s too many west coast trips. Unless you want to go east/west leagues with no interleague.

That would work, too. Add 1 team to each league, 2 divisions in each, Champs play.
I wouldn't mind subtracting (or relegating) a few franchises in each league instead of adding more. Each league has several franchises in a perpetual "rebuild" whose sole purpose is to be a de facto Major League farm system for large market teams (the moment their good players become free agents).

I wouldn't mind subtracting (or relegating) a few franchises in each league instead of adding more. Each league has several franchises in a perpetual "rebuild" whose sole purpose is to be a de facto Major League farm system for large market teams (the moment their good players become free agents).
Been that way since 1876. Built into baseball.

If we do that today, I recommend the two organizations in the NL in the worst disarray: the Giants and Cardinals.

Does anyone second the motion?

Then if we add two more "playins" we can have 14 playoff slots!!! :idea:
My preference removes a playoff team from the current format. Basically, I liked the format that was used prior to last season, but this one isn’t bad. It’s more playoff games to bet on

LET THEM ALL.IN. Meritocracy has no place in bsseball.
A sort of participation trophy? Do away with standings, with playoffs... just have a league-wide playin for everyone at the end of the season? Maybe even include some AAA teams to expand it?

Personally, I liked the two WC teams having a one game playoff
This.

The playoffs have not been about finding the best team in baseball for a long time. They're about drama, and more importantly money. I think have two WC teams w/ 1-game playoffs struck the best balance of that without completely rearranging the leagues/divisions.

This.

The playoffs have not been about finding the best team in baseball for a long time. They're about drama, and more importantly money. I think have two WC teams w/ 1-game playoffs struck the best balance of that without completely rearranging the leagues/divisions.
I was pretty soured on that format at first since the Braves had a bullshit infield fly call that ruined any chance they might have had in the first ever WCG, but about the time I come around, they scrap it

It's that time of the year to place your wagers on Arozarena to hit a HR.

False. That format puts a division winner in a 1-game Wild Card game.

Perfect is two WC teams play one game to determine who gets to face the best team in the league.
Wrong. In 1995 when the wild card was introduced, the one & only wild card played the best record in the league in a best of 5. That stupid 1 game nonsense came much later.