Top of the food chain

Are humans at the top of the food chain on Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Right below Potato Salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depends on the circumstances.

Any unarmed person against a lion? Not top of the food chain. Give that same guy a gun and his position may change.

I think what places human at the top of the food chain is our ability to use tools and technology.

I think what places human at the top of the food chain is our ability to use tools and technology.
I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I was thinking it was our massive fangs and sharp talons.

Ok, let me rephrase it for @ill. Take away our logic, reason and opposable thumbs, THEN what's your answer. :heh:

Ok, let me rephrase it for @ill. Take away our logic, reason and opposable thumbs, THEN what's your answer. :heh:

It's also important to remember that we most certainly did not acquire those things via an evolutionary process. Only fangs and talons come from evolution.

Depends on where they catch them... A killer whale could probably snag a bear off a beach and kill it.
I think we are evolutionary superior due to our ability to use tools.

but when it comes to nature, I think there are predators that would kick our asses AND eat us.

we would only be killing a predator as a means to protect ourselves from being killed.

How can we not be the top dog? We are blamed for the total destruction of the earth and every creature on it.
Now that's bad ass right there.

Any wagers on who the one NO vote is?

:mj:

but when it comes to nature, I think there are predators that would kick our asses AND eat us.

we would only be killing a predator as a means to protect ourselves from being killed.
So, we're not at the top of the food chain.

What animals regularly hunt and feast on humans?

I would only be killing a predator to save myself, many though just like killing shit to mount on walls.

So, we're not at the top of the food chain.

What animals regularly hunt and feast on humans?
I don't know if actively hunting and feasting on them makes them the top of the food chain.

but when it comes to it, they would feast on us to live because they eat whatever meat they can get.

have you ever eaten a predator?

Ok, ok, wait. No reason. No logic. No opposable thumbs. No clothing or outside tools. And you have to fight a lion in a UFC octagon ring. Who wins?

SillyBlondDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

no, with a caveat. we have guns.

but that aside, float in 10 foot waters off the cape during summer and see what happens.

we are only apex in certain circumstances, and even with the guns, sometimes we dont win

Ok, ok, wait. No reason. No logic. No opposable thumbs. No clothing or outside tools. And you have to fight a lion in a UFC octagon ring. Who wins?

SillyBlondDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif
why are you taking any of those things away? We are still what we are...

but when it comes to what we eat, we don't go and hunt down any of these predators to put on our dinner table

I don't know if actively hunting and feasting on them makes them the top of the food chain.
Alright. Do you know what a food chain is?
but when it comes to it, they would feast on us to live because they eat whatever meat they can get.
Any animal would eat us if they could.
have you ever eaten a predator?
Yes, lots.

no, with a caveat. we have guns.

but that aside, float in 10 foot waters off the cape during summer and see what happens.

we are only apex in certain circumstances, and even with the guns, sometimes we dont win

but it doesn't even need to come down to that...

we are omnivores and therefore do not need to rely on killing to survive.

s-proBAR2304_468x315.jpg

Just gotta yell "SPUMONI!!"

Alright. Do you know what a food chain is?

Any animal would eat us if they could.

Yes, lots.
yes, I know what a food chain is.

no, any animal would not eat us if they could.

what have you eaten?