Trevor Bauer just got a 2 year suspension

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00

Don’t know if it’s retroactive.

But seems very steep for a guy that was never charged, let alone convicted. I hate the Dodgers as much as anyone and I think Bauer is a douche, but this sets a bad precedent IMO

fvgRY7.gif

at least they finally stopped going week to week with more admin leave. unless the appeals process goes just as long

Don’t know if it’s retroactive.

But seems very steep for a guy that was never charged, let alone convicted. I hate the Dodgers as much as anyone and I think Bauer is a douche, but this sets a bad precedent IMO

Good. Now suspend the rest of the team. Indefinitely

live look in at Marcel Ozuna

:hide:
Ozuna’s story turned out to be overblown, but he was on video putting hands on his wife, even if it was just pushing her away. From the proof we have, that’s worse than what Bauer did, yet Ozuna was only suspended like 100 games, most of which he couldn’t have played anyways after his thumb surgery

It’ll be during the 2024 season before he’s eligible to return. Not retroactive. Pending appeal of course
mlb has been trying to figure out what to do with this for a while. think it's all about how to best handle the PR. either they have a case and it holds up or they don't and the games gets knocked down significantly to perhaps even the admin leave and they walk away saying, hey, we took it seriously, out of our hands where it ended.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s blackballed after the suspension is up

I have a hard time defending the guy, but that’s a terrible precedent to set
Yeah, even if a broad asked me to hit her, I wouldn't be able to do it, so I can't relate to him on that at all, BUT, the case was thoroughly investigated by the authorities and no charges were filed. I could understand some suspension, but with the suspension he's already served, this is over 2.6 seasons of suspension. That's nuts for something that resulted in no charges.

He probably could have negotiated credit for time served but he is appealing instead.
A lot of times baseball suspensions get reduced significantly with appeals. I wonder if that will be the case here.

Yeah, even if a broad asked me to hit her, I wouldn't be able to do it, so I can't relate to him on that at all, BUT, the case was thoroughly investigated by the authorities and no charges were filed. I could understand some suspension, but with the suspension he's already served, this is over 2.6 seasons of suspension. That's nuts for something that resulted in no charges.
That’s exactly where I’m at

How I feel to. It’s not like he got off on a technicality. If that were the case then I could understand it.