Trevor Bauer just got a 2 year suspension

A lot of times baseball suspensions get reduced significantly with appeals. I wonder if that will be the case here.

It would have to be reduced by a hell of a lot to create a better suspension end result than getting credit for time served would. Of course minimizing the punishment is probably not his only goal/concern here.

It would have to be reduced by a hell of a lot to create a better suspension end result than getting credit for time served would. Of course minimizing the punishment is probably not his only goal/concern here.
Who's to say that the appeal couldn't include credit for time served?

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s blackballed after the suspension is up

You mean you wouldn't want to be the guy to have to sell "We signed this pitcher who gets off sexually on beating the shit out of women. Consensually, though." to the fanbase? :wink:

the punishment probably wouldn't be as severe if Bauer hadn't been such a douchenozzle about the whole thing

I’m not a lawyer or an expert on things like this, so I might be completely wrong, but Bauer has been paid the entire time he’s been on administrative leave IIRC, would that be a reason for the suspension to not be retroactive?

Whether or not anyone in their right mind would agree to the same consensual shit he did.

I have no fucking clue how they can suspend him for 2 years. Based off everything I've read, not only was he not charged but the chick who tossed out the allegations is potentially fucked herself thats how technically innocent he is.

I’m not a lawyer or an expert on things like this, so I might be completely wrong, but Bauer has been paid the entire time he’s been on administrative leave IIRC, would that be a reason for the suspension to not be retroactive?

I believe that this is correct (with regard to the league's reasoning/justification for it not being retro) but it of course still could have been negotiated. But he ain't negotiating anyway.

1651262946990.png

Good point. It could be argued that way, for sure.

Probably gets reduced quite a bit on appeal, but Christ, Bauer's a sick fuck.

Probably gets reduced quite a bit on appeal, but Christ, Bauer's a sick fuck.
Should be time served.

Not like it matters, his career is most likely over.

Probably going to be the hottest fashion item in the Dodger Stadium bleachers this summer.
Won’t be able to keep them in stock if they add their favorite cut.
3PC-MEN-WIFE-BEATER-TANK-TOP-WHITE_300x.jpg

Won’t be able to keep them in stock if they add their favorite cut.
3PC-MEN-WIFE-BEATER-TANK-TOP-WHITE_300x.jpg
Now, now, to be fair, those are known as "wife" beaters, and Bauer isn't married. So I don't think he would knowingly cross THAT line.

Now, now, to be fair, those are known as "wife" beaters, and Bauer isn't married. So I don't think he would knowingly cross THAT line.
You gonna be the one to tell her she’s not his common law? Good luck!
ea6c13024a6a3a22deda1ec844df9796.jpg