Upholstery

Plus I'm notorious for getting into the middle of a new job and needing some expensive new tool. Like my siding nailer in the middle of my workshop build.
Aren't we all tho lol it's how I upgraded my miter saw. Was too far to turn back so it had to be done

A credit card would be the best tool you could use. I redid the seats in my 84 F150 and my 66 mustang. If not for the fact they were machine die cut, sewn, ribbed, and pocketed there is no chance they ended up looking decent. All I had to do was hog ring them and they still were the second biggest pain I ever did (first was wiring that SOB). I couldn't imagine trying to get the measurements, cut, sewn, and reinforced in the right way to make it not just all fall apart the second you sit on it.

Not trying to be a prick here because you have done other great work, but everyone needs that realist voice to remind you of options.
Word. I did auto interiors with my dad for 8 years and I never got any good at it. Admittedly, I'm not handy, Pete is. He might do a serviceable job. He might also get the thing tore apart and not be able to get it back together.

Aren't we all tho lol it's how I upgraded my miter saw. Was too far to turn back so it had to be done
Mine was the Bosch nailer I borrowed from my dad got 1/2 way in and some little seal (#18 on their part diagram if you are wondering) decided that was when it was going to crumble. And its some sort of molded plastic so can't even just find an o-ring. The new part was going to take 2 weeks with the fastest shipping. So I ordered that and bought a new Metabo so I could side it before the rain came through. :L

get the thing tore apart and not be able to get it back together.
The fear that prevents most people from undertaking a task around the house. I'm too dumb to be scared, luckily.

The fear that prevents most people from undertaking a task around the house. I'm too dumb to be scared, luckily.
This is me.

People: “Can you fix/repair this?”

Me, without really looking it over: “Hell yea! I got you!”

Run a trial sample through the machine and see. You can find used machines for $500 - $1000. I got mine for $500.
My dad still had a couple in his basement when he passed away. I'm not sure what's going to happen to them. Maybe one of my brothers wants em. One is a Consew and the other is an old Singer, I believe. He still had a ton of vinyl down there, too

My dad still had a couple in his basement when he passed away. I'm not sure what's going to happen to them. Maybe one of my brothers wants em. One is a Consew and the other is an old Singer, I believe. He still had a ton of vinyl down there, too
That consew 206rb is a beast. I’ve got one as my back up . Just need to get it tuned.

This is me.

People: “Can you fix/repair this?”

Me, without really looking it over: “Hell yea! I got you!”
haha. this is me.

People: "Hey do you know what this OBDII code means, how do I change this part, what does this sound mean"

Me: googles whatever they asked me and reads that to them

Mine was the Bosch nailer I borrowed from my dad got 1/2 way in and some little seal (#18 on their part diagram if you are wondering) decided that was when it was going to crumble. And its some sort of molded plastic so can't even just find an o-ring. The new part was going to take 2 weeks with the fastest shipping. So I ordered that and bought a new Metabo so I could side it before the rain came through. :facepalm:
I almost got a larger 3d printer when I needed custom cooling solution that was 360mm solid piece but found a reasonable printer for hire

It’s the only job that I’ve had where the customer told me to pick the colors. And she loved it.
You have to lay top stitches on those curves?

I almost got a larger 3d printer when I needed custom cooling solution that was 360mm solid piece but found a reasonable printer for hire
I've got a 3d printer, but not the right material for this. Even ninjaflex wouldn't work for it. It's almost the same material as like a shower door sweep.

I've got a 3d printer, but not the right material for this. Even ninjaflex wouldn't work for it. It's almost the same material as like a shower door sweep.
Mine wasn't big enough and I had been attempting to contract a company or individual for a while and they were wanting ridiculous amounts then finally a Canadian came and offered a fair price for materials and time but most were wanting nearly half of the upgrade cost so it was quickly becoming a possibility

Mine are all black, on white painted door, and done. Its a bench seat.

I've never tried to sew any covers on upholstery before but I've recovered them several times. You can find exact fits for your truck made to OEM specs usually. Granted its more than seat covers you buy at NAPA or PEP Boys., but with some hog rings and pliers you can re-cover them to factory fit and feel.