US Open

• Thread starter Thread starter Me
  • Start date Start date
Zverev fucking up

wowwww. Had him setup perfectly to end the match

I can't imagine playing a 4+ hour match like that. I was exhausted watching that!

I am looking forward to these guys being the future of the sport and they showed it last night.

What a bummer that fans couldn't be there to watch that. I think it may have given Zverev the push to close the match out earlier...or even get the tie break. He had momentum after the final break to make it 6-6.

again, great match and well played by both.

congrats to Thiem.

Great to see Azarenka fight back.

She also appeared to have the same fight, even when down 2 breaks in the first. She still competed for every point.

I think Osaka might beat Azarenka, but I'd like to see Azarenka win more, since she is older and hasn't won this yet.

I hope it's not a Medvedev vs. Zverev Mens Finals. I don't want to root for either person, if that's the case.

Mens Finals:

This ended up being a great match. I like matches where so many leads are exchanged.

However, there's also a part of me that doesn't enjoy the moments either, especially when the person I'm rooting for misses those opportunities. Just take the final set. Thiem was up a break, then lost it. Then went down a break, and got it back. Served for the match, then lost it.

Then in the tiebreaker, he was down a mini break, then went up a mini break, then lost it.

When it's this intense, there's also a part of me that doesn't enjoy it.

But I liked how both guys gave it everything they had.

@bksballer89 , @Old Lion , @Hank Kingsley , @ill, are you guys not going to post on Sports Hoopla anymore?

I was wondering where some of you were, for the past week.

I'm multi tasking my friend. Working and such.

I was saddened when Shapovalov went out. Decided I'd pull for Thiem. Was happy to see him win.

The Women's final was 2 players I really dislike. After Serena was out I had no dog in the fight and actually found myself pulling for Screecher.

Pretty emotional talk from Zverev after the match.

I was saddened when Shapovalov went out. Decided I'd pull for Thiem. Was happy to see him win.

The Women's final was 2 players I really dislike. After Serena was out I had no dog in the fight and actually found myself pulling for Screecher.

What do you dislike about Osaka?

Zverev was very emotional. I mean, he fought and has Thiem on the ropes. He just needed a little more. Heck, maybe the crowd getting behind him would have changed things? You never know. How different would things have been with a crowd there?

Why do you dislike both Women in the Finals?

I cant say enough how impressive that was from Sinner. To serve for the match in 2nd, to get broken twice then break back with Stef serving 6-5. Then losing a long tiebreak, and not fucking your head mentally. Very impressed.

Did they do coin tosses? I didn't see them during any broadcasts this tourney.

I cant say enough how impressive that was from Sinner. To serve for the match in 2nd, to get broken twice then break back with Stef serving 6-5. Then losing a long tiebreak, and not fucking your head mentally. Very impressed.
Who is Sinner?

But why? I can't find any report why.