US Open

• Thread starter Thread starter Me
  • Start date Start date
I don't understand why people are confused about Novak. It isn't any different than any other sport. Hell, you accidentally bump an ump in baseball and basketball and you get tossed.

Reactions: ill
I don't understand why people are confused about Novak. It isn't any different than any other sport. Hell, you accidentally bump an ump in baseball and basketball and you get tossed.
I think it's different for people because he's completely done for the tournament versus getting ejected for one game or something in another sport.

I think it's different for people because he's completely done for the tournament versus getting ejected for one game or something in another sport.
Correct.

I almost hit an opponent once in college doing the same thing. And I thought for sure I was going to get defaulted. You just can’t do shit like that. They should have came to a decision faster. Djoker shouldn’t be able to stand there and plead his case for 5 mins.

John McEnroe basically saying he understands but wishes the all time great would get a 2nd chance

John McEnroe basically saying he understands but wishes the all time great would get a 2nd chance
The last thing tennis needed was another instance of rule-bending in favor of a top player. Especially in this situation where everyone knows Rog and Rafa aren’t here and what’s at stake for Novak

Ashe OOP

Day
Serena Sakkari
FAA Thiem

Night
Tiafoe Medvedev
Mertens Kenin

Federer knew what he was doing when he withdrew from tournaments though.

Also Fed would've gotten 15 minutes to argue with a ten minute break in the middle and awarded an extra point.

I think this is probably Thiem's tournament to lose. Dude has a level of focus that I don't think the remaining players will match. Personally Rooting for FAA to go all the way.

I dont Thiem has looked that great so far. I personally think its Medvedev.

I promise Im not getting my hopes up for a Shapo/FAA finals.

I dont Thiem has looked that great so far. I personally think its Medvedev.

I promise Im not getting my hopes up for a Shapo/FAA finals.
I agree with you, but I think Djoker falling out could change things for little dom.

Well played match today. Serena to the QF

Thiem is no joke

Well if you get ejected from the match, you are out of the tournament.

I did not see that performance coming from Mertens!

would like to know why Zverev had the EA Sports logo on his sleeve.

We're going to a 5th

Jen Brady can hit the ball. I'm impressed with her.

This is a good match too