VGK

Big goal for Theodore to tie 1 - 1

FUCK! looks like the Knights lose their first game of the season.

FUCK! looks like the Knights lose their first game of the season.
As much as we would love to live in fantastyland and think this was the year a team went undefeated lol... we knew it was going to happen at some point. We also play Arizona 4 straight times, they are bound to figure out a way to win.

As much as we would love to live in fantastyland and think this was the year a team went undefeated lol... we knew it was going to happen at some point. We also play Arizona 4 straight times, they are bound to figure out a way to win.
They looked like they were skating in mud for the first 2 periods.

Is it just me or does it feel like Columbus and Tampa Bay are actual rivals now?

5-1

Idk if anyone has talked about it, but with only 56 games this season... I would guess you will probably need 60-70 points to make the playoffs. So probably like 30+ wins this season.

PATCHES with the HAT TRICK!!!!

PATCHES with the HAT TRICK!!!!
Damn, I had to work late. As soon as I get home, I get my kids ready and put them to bed... then I literally laid down for a second with the lights on, dinner still sittig out and everything... and just passed out lol. Well, until now.

Lehner needs to figure himself out though lol. I would argue that last year he was better than Fleury and gave reason to start over him, but this year, Fleury is making the case for starting. This season for comparison... however I am not against this rotation they have been doing to keep both of them fresh.

Lehner
GP: 4
Record: 2-1-1
Sv% : .885
GAA: 2.95

Fleury
GP: 3
Record: 3-0-0
Sv% : .951
GAA: 1.00

I read or heard that they were working with Fleury to not come out into the crease as much and work the back of the crease more, giving him more time to respond (obviously not a ton more time lol), seems to be working. I think they are doing 2 on and 2 off with each goalie.... and I am currently tired and don't remember the rotation. Anyway, I am interested to see how Fleury handles the Blues and the Avs because those will clearly be the toughest in the divison. Hoping to at minimum split the series with both of them (4-4).

So no games until 2/5? At least it is against the Kings lol. But kinda sucks missing the Sharks games.

I haven't checked the schedule, did they leave room for make up games?

@Peter Gozintite

gonna be watching when they start the game back up pretty soon? I knew by the national anthem that they weren't going to get through this game at the original time. The ice looked so bad at that time and they were already fixing it before puck drop.

This is probably for the best because Vegas was not looking good in that first period. I am thinking they will look better under the lights than the sun, just have to hope that the ice is in good condition.

Outdoor hockey game at the California/Nevada border
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Outdoor hockey game at the California/Nevada border
Will Ferrell Lol GIF
It was a beautiful scene though.

And I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn we have seen outdoor games in fucking Los Angeles, where it is significantly warmer all around and not have problems like this.

Shit, they just had one at the fucking Cotton Bowl last year when it was like 50 outside.

It was a beautiful scene though.

And I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn we have seen outdoor games in fucking Los Angeles, where it is significantly warmer all around and not have problems like this.
Well I don't know then, but even the 2 outdoor games they've done in Colorado haven't had very good ice. I think it's the lack of humidity and the intensity of the sun at higher altitudes.

Kings played a game in September in Las Vegas
It got up to 95 degrees F

Well we are through the first 4 games against Colorado and we split them 2-2, we are at least on par for what I was hoping for. Hopefully we can take 3 of the next 4 against them. I would like to think we are better than the Avs. They scare me the most in the West. Followed by St Louis lol.

Our next 8 games consist of a mix between the Sharks, Wild, and Ducks. I'd be surprised if we drop more than 2 in this stretch, but it's hockey... anything can happen.