Washington Supreme Court denies review of Pac-12

Don't move the goalposts, you flaming idiot.
We're talking about your exit distributions from the PAC.
You'll be lucky to get a one time payment of $15 million. WSU/OSU now own you. You no longer have a voice in decision making.
Tick-Tock on Kliakoff being shown the door too.

They'll get the contractually agreed upon amounts.

I thought the 12 spot in the CFP was reserved for the highest ranked g5 team.
So if there’s no g5 team ‘naturally’ in the top 11, the p5 teams are only vying for 11 spots.
If a team is g5, they don’t have to make the top 11 ‘naturally’; they just have to be the best g5 team.
So, being a p5 team is a negative when it comes to getting a CFP spot if you’re in that general range of ranking.
ORST and WSU would have an easier time making the CFP if they indeed lost their p5 status.

It is widely believed to be changing to a 5+7 format (this was presented to the CFP last month), with 5 conference champs and 7 at-large.

WSU/OSU realistically have to be ranked higher than all the non p-4 champs in order to have a shot (it is unlikely they can finish top 12 with their existing schedule).

Similarly, at the time of the post, all UO or UW had to do was vote nay on any OSU WSU proposal and they would be powerless to do anything.

In terms of revenue distribution, nothing is changing from the contractually agreed upon amounts.

1) I told you they were going to lose that power. That the appeal was a waste of time.
The Supreme Court kicked you out of the room and took your voice.

2) Watch and Learn

Reactions: Fog
Do you even contract law, bro?

What contract, you flaming idiot?

Oregon and the 9 others voided the contract when they announced their intent to depart.

That particular nomenclature is IN the contract.

You don't see USC/UCLA crying here. I wonder why? Could it be $60 million+ why? LOL

What contract, you flaming idiot?

Oregon and the 9 others voided the contract when they announced their intent to depart.

That particular nomenclature is IN the contract.

You don't see USC/UCLA crying here. I wonder why? Could it be $60 million+ why? LOL

Link to Oregon voiding the TV distribution contract when they announced their departure?

I told you to Watch and Learn, pleeb.

LOL @ you thinking WSU and OSU can just change whatever contracts they want.

Besides, WSU and OSU need the Apple Cup/Civil War. They won't risk biting the hand that feeds them.

LOL @ you thinking WSU and OSU can just change whatever contracts they want.

Besides, WSU and OSU need the Apple Cup/Civil War. They won't risk biting the hand that feeds them.

I told you to Watch and Learn, pleeb.

The commish already outed that the main PAC contract overruled any sub-contracts, and that distribution penalties for USC/UCLA were in order..

Oregon was fine with that penalty.... Until they weren't.

There are only 2 now making decisions on PAC assets. The quackers ain't one of them.

Don't move the goalposts, you flaming idiot.
We're talking about your exit distributions from the PAC.
You'll be lucky to get a one time payment of $15 million. WSU/OSU now own you. You no longer have a voice in decision making.
Tick-Tock on Kliakoff being shown the door too.
The CFP has already nixed that. There is now a P4 ... PAC ain't keeping that status.

Do you even contract law, bro?
I do ... the teams broke the "contract" when they decided to leave. There will be a settlement and the departing teams won't get much. All the assets will be owned by the two remaining teams. As has been pointed out, there is ample written evidence of how USC/UCLA were going to get screwed. WSU and OSU will use exactly that to "screw" the departing teams. What are you going to say, "we really didn't mean all the mean things we said and were going to do to USC/UCLA?"

I do ... the teams broke the "contract" when they decided to leave. There will be a settlement and the departing teams won't get much. All the assets will be owned by the two remaining teams. As has been pointed out, there is ample written evidence of how USC/UCLA were going to get screwed. WSU and OSU will use exactly that to "screw" the departing teams. What are you going to say, "we really didn't mean all the mean things we said and were going to do to USC/UCLA?"

BOOM!!

It is widely believed to be changing to a 5+7 format (this was presented to the CFP last month), with 5 conference champs and 7 at-large.

WSU/OSU realistically have to be ranked higher than all the non p-4 champs in order to have a shot (it is unlikely they can finish top 12 with their existing schedule).
1702714074142.pngThis is ambiguously written — because journalism is dead — but we get the gist.

There are exit terms written within the contract, which each team has complied with.

In terms of remaining assets/liabilities, that isn't going to net out to very much.

The 2023-24 TV revenue must be paid out in accordance with the terms agreed upon in the contract; good luck finding anything that USC/UCLA were going to lose out on that revenue.

What was the point of your post?
To show how the 12 team playoff selection will go. Seems we were both wrong.

And also, the ncaa site also had a brain fart and stated the lower seeded team gets to pick the site in the first round. They meant higher seeded.

Also what they left ambiguous was if the top six conf champs will not just enjoy qualification, but also enjoy the top six seeds.

With their example farther down the page, it seems they will only enjoy the former, but they really should have spelled it out explicitly.

To show how the 12 team playoff selection will go. Seems we were both wrong.

And also, the ncaa site also had a brain fart and stated the lower seeded team gets to pick the site in the first round. They meant higher seeded.

Also what they left ambiguous was if the top six conf champs will not just enjoy qualification, but also enjoy the top six seeds.

With their example farther down the page, it seems they will only enjoy the former, but they really should have spelled it out explicitly.

Last month the CFP was presented with the 5+7 format; they have not decided to adopt the change, but are widely expected to with the collapse of the PAC.

The snapshot you posted is soon to be obsolete.

Back