Way Too Early Top 25 for 2024

I'm shocked they haven't been heavily after a QB in the portal. I guess they could still get one but the main players are already signed on somewhere. Davis probably has a good shot to start as a freshman if his only competition is Orji and Denegal.
I wouldn't be shocked to see a second wave of QBs come through once the portal opens back up. Kaidon Salter is still out there as well.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a second wave of QBs come through once the portal opens back up. Kaidon Salter is still out there as well.

Yea but in that wave you are getting the guys who didn't win the job somewhere else. I guess they can get someone whos better than what they have but you probably aren't getting you someone who can win you a title in that group.

Yea but in that wave you are getting the guys who didn't win the job somewhere else. I guess they can get someone whos better than what they have but you probably aren't getting you someone who can win you a title in that group.
Probably not, but it's not like michigan is only a QB away from repeating given the roster turnover they're likely to see.

so JJ for sure isn't coming back for one more season?

UW is losing everyone so I get it. But at the same time, not at all shocked they're the only top 10 team that's going to get zero benefit of the doubt going into next year.

Well Corum is going to be difficult to replace, but I guess in terms of being the early down back, I'd say Mullings. He runs hard and keeps his legs moving. Yeah I was surprised to see that this year with their running game too. I know it exploded last night, but against Bama/Iowa/Ohio State, it looked fairly average. There's plenty to be said about Corum's usage and wearing down a bit, which can't be a surprise, but he looked a lot better last night.

The running game was more good than great this year IMO. Still very effective at getting yards and converting when needed, but as said not a lot of huge plays this year. I do wonder how much of that was some teams selling out to try and stop the run but let the passing game gash them (at least lesser teams). Michigan was able to average 4.0 YPC against OSU and 4.1 against Bama, not great by any stretch but effective. They couldn't get anything going against Iowa though.

UW is losing everyone so I get it. But at the same time, not at all shocked they're the only top 10 team that's going to get zero benefit of the doubt going into next year.

How much of your OL and WRs are coming back?

How much of your OL and WRs are coming back?
About half the line, McMillan should be back. Bernard, who wasn't one of the big 3 but played a role this year.

Again, I get it, but they aren't the only team needing to replace some real key guys. How often do we see a team play in the title game and get zero benefit of the doubt and be projected to barely crack the top 25 in pre season rankings?

About half the line, McMillan should be back. Bernard, who wasn't one of the big 3 but played a role this year.

Again, I get it, but they aren't the only team needing to replace some real key guys. How often do we see a team play in the title game and get zero benefit of the doubt and be projected to barely crack the top 25 in pre season rankings?

TCU

And UW will be in the preseason top 20 as well. Most publications I’ve seen have had them between 11-20, which is appropriate IMO
Top 20 I wouldn't comment on. Lower than 20 deserves a comment.

If the 247 Top 25 ends up being the final CFP rankings, this is how the playoffs would be seeded:

1. Georgia - Projected SEC Champion
2. Oregon - Projected Big Ten Champion
3. Clemson - Projected ACC Champion
4. Kansas State - Projected Big 12 Champion

5. Texas - At Large #1
6. Alabama - At Large #2
7. Ohio State - At Large #3
8. Ole Miss - At Large #4
9. Michigan - At Large #5
10. Missouri - At Large #6
11. Notre Dame - At Large #7
12. Liberty - Projected CUSA Champion

ESPN just got a boner at that hypothetical Alabama/Notre Dame CFP matchup

If the 247 Top 25 ends up being the final CFP rankings, this is how the playoffs would be seeded:

1. Georgia - Projected SEC Champion
2. Oregon - Projected Big Ten Champion
3. Clemson - Projected ACC Champion
4. Kansas State - Projected Big 12 Champion

5. Texas - At Large #1
6. Alabama - At Large #2
7. Ohio State - At Large #3
8. Ole Miss - At Large #4
9. Michigan - At Large #5
10. Missouri - At Large #6
11. Notre Dame - At Large #7
12. Liberty - Projected CUSA Champion

ESPN just got a boner at that hypothetical Alabama/Notre Dame CFP matchup
that would be dependent on if between now and then they change the 6-6 for the 5-7 format. if they dont change it to 5-7 then another champion (American, MWC, Sun Belt, MAC) would move in to 11 and no Notre Dame.

I love how we just show up to the B1G and deliver a massive upper cut.

Even TCU got top 20 consideration, and were worse going out and coming in.
But they shouldn't have. Going out was more true to who they were than coming in was.

They had like 7-8 of those guys drafted off that team. And they aren't the type of program that can plug and play. And that proved to be the case. They weren't very good at all this year.

But Udub won't fall off as much as TCU did....even though you guys lost as much as you did. So you should be getting more love to begin with than you are IMO.