Weiner Wednesday

fuck you

I say that out of jealousy as the climate change has not hit here to allow rain just yet
Dude I am so sick of watering plants and grass. My son and I reseeded a patch in the back yard last fall and I will be damned if it dies. The rest of the lawn can but not that part

That’s fine.

Soon the climate will change and you’ll get your rain, or sun, or whatever it is you’re looking for from Mother Nature.

As The World Turns. 🌎 🐧
I thought climate change was more Days of Our Lives?

Dude I am so sick of watering plants and grass. My son and I reseeded a patch in the back yard last fall and I will be damned if it dies. The rest of the lawn can but not that part

We took down the playhouse (was up 8 years) and put some grass seed down. So now I have something to look forward to as that new grass slowly grows in. Exciting stuff.

We took down the playhouse (was up 8 years) and put some grass seed down. So now I have something to look forward to as that new grass slowly grows in. Exciting stuff.
I am turning into my father. Literally...watching grass grow

Those kids just don't care

There are a couple of kids on my son’s local flag team who are always hurt and often injured. Crazy stuff like back injuries and knee injuries and Achilles injuries. Always getting hurt in games they are carrying these injuries around. And these kids play baseball, soccer, football, go to a training camp, run marathons all at the same time nonstop.

I just shake my head at it all.

I am turning into my father. Literally...watching grass grow

Tell me about it. I’m dropping a few grand on fixing some wood boards around the house and doing a complete gutter repair and upgrade.

Dropping cash on shit I already have just keeping it from falling apart. Awesome.

There are a couple of kids on my son’s local flag team who are always hurt and often injured. Crazy stuff like back injuries and knee injuries and Achilles injuries. Always getting hurt in games they are carrying these injuries around. And these kids play baseball, soccer, football, go to a training camp, run marathons all at the same time nonstop.

Too much. They are still developing physically and literally growing each day. That's a lot of strain on the body

Too much. They are still developing physically and literally growing each day. That's a lot of strain on the body

Preaching to the choir. It’s weird watching parents tell the kid to get up, you’re fine. And it’s the mom’s who do it more than the dad’s.

Preaching to the choir. It’s weird watching parents tell the kid to get up, you’re fine. And it’s the mom’s who do it more than the dad’s.
I am not surprised to hear that. I hate to see kids specialize in one particular sport. I think its good for them to try others for multiple reasons. One, their interests change. They might be all about baseball for a year or two and then several thousands of dollars later for travel teams they no longer want to play.

Second I think cross training is good for younger athletes. You keep doing the same repetitive movements and muscle groups that's asking for an injury.

Last, they are kids. Have some fun, that's what its supposed to be about

I have been running my sprinkler almost daily...I don't think it is helping.

I am actually pretty ok with not having to mow through all this though...

I hope they all got some nice participation trophies for their efforts.

Nearing the end of the first week at my new job. Tons of shit to fix, a few people I can already tell are doing the bare minimum and one guy who's been here for like 30 years and set everything up so only he knows the weird ass processes to do the things he does. Going to have to blow up everything and install some structure.

I asked the 30 year guy for documentation he has, and he sent me a 1.5 page PDF that he says he's been working on since 2000. :facepalm:

Back