What are some legendary local bands in your area

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Bands that didn’t necessarily ever get a big national following, but are very popular in your area.

The big one of my parents’ generation was Drivin N Cryin. They had some moderate national success, but they’re still very popular in Georgia. You go to any concert, and there’s a good chance whatever band is playing is gonna play either Honeysuckle Blue or Straight to Hell. Jason Isbell played Honeysuckle Blue last Friday in Alpharetta

My generation the big one is Blackberry Smoke. I probably saw them play 20 times in my teens and early 20’s.

Road Trip is big in Wisconsin. They're primarily a cover band, but from what I hear they have a wide range of covers, do them very well and put on a good show. I haven't partaken, so I can't personally confirm.

Bands that didn’t necessarily ever get a big national following, but are very popular in your area.

The big one of my parents’ generation was Drivin N Cryin. They had some moderate national success, but they’re still very popular in Georgia. You go to any concert, and there’s a good chance whatever band is playing is gonna play either Honeysuckle Blue or Straight to Hell. Jason Isbell played Honeysuckle Blue last Friday in Alpharetta

My generation the big one is Blackberry Smoke. I probably saw them play 20 times in my teens and early 20’s.
Used to listen to them a lot in the late 80s/early 90s.

Here, we have the regional (extremely fun) cover band, The Molly Ringwalds. I've seen them several time and they are serious performers. :humble:

When I lived in Florida, I really enjoyed more of a rockabilly band called The Modern Eldorados.

Used to listen to them a lot in the late 80s/early 90s.
I’ve seen em twice. Once when I was a teenager and they sounded terrible. The last time they opened for two other local bands that have a bigger national following(Drive-by Truckers and Georgia Satellites) and they put on a great show. Really changed my entire opinion of them when I saw them a second time

I’ve seen em twice. Once when I was a teenager and they sounded terrible. The last time they opened for two other local bands that have a bigger national following(Drive-by Truckers and Georgia Satellites) and they put on a great show. Really changed my entire opinion of them when I saw them a second time
When they first came out, they were great, and everyone thought they'd be a new R.E.M or B-52s (not sound but from North GA), like you said, had some national success, but never really quite made it.

When they first came out, they were great, and everyone thought they'd be a new R.E.M or B-52s (not sound but from North GA), like you said, had some national success, but never really quite made it.
They still fill up smaller venues now. I don’t know if they even tour outside of Georgia these days though

So long ago, but Steve Miller and Fuse(Cheap Trick) were local bar bands growing up.

My dentist used to be the drummer in Steve Miller's band when they were in college.

Saw Cheap Trick and Rory Gallagher at Humpin Hannahs back in the day.

My dentist used to be the drummer in Steve Miller's band when they were in college.

Saw Cheap Trick and Rory Gallagher at Humpin Hannahs back in the day.
His original drummer, Timmy Davis, was from my hometown. My brother dated his sister briefly.

Head East

REO Speedwagon was from up north around Champaign but I'm pretty sure they played in Carbondale in their early days.

David Lee Murphy

Kendall Marvel

There's a local band called Mother, Mother. Not my cup of tea, but I think they've a had a bit of radio airplay and have toured around the last decade or so.

Head East

REO Speedwagon was from up north around Champaign but I'm pretty sure they played in Carbondale in their early days.

David Lee Murphy

Kendall Marvel

There's a band I haven't heard of since about 1979. Seems they were on track and then just sorta fizzled away

Road Trip is big in Wisconsin. They're primarily a cover band, but from what I hear they have a wide range of covers, do them very well and put on a good show. I haven't partaken, so I can't personally confirm.

Can confirm. I've seen Road Trip at least 6 times.

Wally Pleasant used to be randomly all over the place around here.

Saw his show at the the main bus stop in Lansing on New Years 2000. You know, when the world was gonna end.

The Day Ted Nugent Killed All The Animals was always a crowd favorite.

Domestic Problems was another that was big on the festival scene. Jedi Mind Trip and Steppin In It are a couple others.

And DJ Bob Ritchie.

Yesterday and Today. Y&T was a local band that got bigger but never made it to the big time.