What are you eating?

I have an electric griddle that serves the same purpose. And it’s easy to clean

Yes....that's what I want to get. Small flattop that doesn't throw off so much heat.
Something like this:

Ive debated back-n-forth on getting a Blackstone......The flat top grill looks to be very useful compared to a grill.....
Like you said,cooking burgers on a grill flare up and seems too me food always stick to it,plus the wife says food is way way too done for her liking ,and the meat tastes like shoe leather......so I have not used a grill in about 10 years.....

Thought a Blackstone would serve my purpose......

And does the food have a barbecue taste to it,or does it have an indoor range taste to it.....?

Smash burgers on a flattop taste about as good as you can cook a burger. Nothing else tastes as good. I think it has to do with the type of cooking surface. The carbon steel causes more of a mallard reaction or something but the burgers have so much more flavor.

Again, the blackstone and the flattop seen above which have 4 burners are very hot when all burners are on. It's the big 36"x24"X1/4" heavy ass carbon steel flattop that gets hot and radiates all that heat.

When you are cooking on it you have to stand near it....standing near this thing is no fun. You will sweat your ass off! That was what ruined it for me. But a smaller one....you can cook just a few burgers on at a time. Now that is something I would recommend.

Smash burgers on a flattop taste about as good as you can cook a burger. Nothing else tastes as good. I think it has to do with the type of cooking surface. The carbon steel causes more of a mallard reaction or something but the burgers have so much more flavor.

Again, the blackstone and the flattop seen above which have 4 burners are very hot when all burners are on. It's the big 36"x24"X1/4" heavy ass carbon steel flattop that gets hot and radiates all that heat.

When you are cooking on it you have to stand near it....standing near this thing is no fun. You will sweat your ass off! That was what ruined it for me. But a smaller one....you can cook just a few burgers on at a time. Now that is something I would recommend.
I’ve got the big Blackstone and haven’t had any issues standing next to it while using it, even in the heat of a Texas summer. I use mine at least once a week and love it. Burgers, breakfast, KBBQ, fajitas, whatever. It’s really not that hard to care for, either. You just scrape it down and clean it with water and paper towels while it’s still hot. Then put a light coat of oil on it and you‘re basically done until it cools down enough to put the cover on it.

The wife made strips of steak, four cheese rice a roni and some cheese garlic toast for dinner.

It was really good.

Wife made dinner....sooooooo good.
View attachment 89261

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF

I'm going to need more

Gonna have some dessert soon.