What Food is your State known for

Yup. Back in the day they were a Czech staple at the dinner table. Now there is a restaurant chain.

Ruebens were invented in an Omaha hotel restaurant.
Made myself a Reuben for lunch today. No kraut though. It stinks.

Well then that sir was just a corned beef sammich with Thousand Island dressing.

Nom Nom Love GIF

My bad. I guess it was German immigrants to Russia that invented the Runza.
Non-the-less they made their way to Nebraska when they immigrated here.
Coulda told you that. It was Germans from Russia during the revolution that settled large swaths of Nebraska and Omaha and Lincoln, 3rd gen myself (1908 for my fam) my family has been making the real thing not that crap at the restaurant for longer than that restaurant has existed, pretty sure every generation in my fam knows how to make them. I spend a day every fall making a huge batch the way Grammy made em.

Homemade real runzas(bierocks) are way better

smh GIF

Bruh. How could you forget the DOGS?! It’s pizza, dogs, everything else. You’re fired.
Ugh, no fucking excuse there.

Fun fact, a friend in college who previously lived his whole life in Chicago threw up the first time he ate a generic dining hall hot dog because the quality of beef was so much lower. That's what Chicago does right with the hot dogs even beyond the toppings (which are also good)

Cheese. Mostly our amazing Cheddar.

Not to mention cheeses 'Sconsin has invented, like Colby.

Wife-n-I drive approximatley 50 miles to go to Shullsburg and drive an extra 20 minutes to Monroe just for the best cheese in the world....Swiss....and yes,some aged cheddar.

Not too mention some landjaeger....