What was the first concert you attended?

First show was AC/DC, Jan. '91. A couple kids were trampled.

I can't really stand acdc today, but appreciate some of those backbeats.

My second show was Clash of the Titans, a few months later. Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and a fresh-faced Alice in Chains.

Valdy & The Hometown Band, with special guest -- Bim.

Not the greatest way to make your concert debut, I guess. However, I did go with my older step brother and his friends who were old enough to buy alcohol for me since I was only 16 at the time, so at least there was that.

First show was AC/DC, Jan. '91. A couple kids were trampled.

I can't really stand acdc today, but appreciate some of those backbeats.

My second show was Clash of the Titans, a few months later. Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and a fresh-faced Alice in Chains.
Holy fuck, thanks for making me feel old as dirt. I saw AC/DC in late 1979 in El Paso, TX a few months before Bon Scott died.

Holy fuck, thanks for making me feel old as dirt. I saw AC/DC in late 1979 in El Paso, TX a few months before Bon Scott died.
I was born in '76.

The Doors....and the Box Tops opened for them.
The Chambers Bros were also on the bill, but they had cancelled earlier in that day due to a band members illness.
It was back in 1968...I was only 13 yrs old then.
We had a blast. I remember most of it like it was just a few months ago. It was fucking amazing,
I went with my 17 yr old cousin Ronnie and his 15 yr old GF. He worshipped Jim Morrison for his singing & poetry, & Robby Krieger for his guitar playing. About 2 yrs later he got drafted into the Army.....then 2 yrs after that he died in Vietnam at the age of 22.

This was one of his favorite tunes, and he was so stoked he got to see them do it that night.
It's also since become one of mine as well.

Last edited:
The Doors....and the Box Tops opened for them.
The Chambers Bros were also on the bill, but they had cancelled earlier in that day due to a band members illness.
It was back in 1968...I was only 13 yrs old then.
We had a blast. I remember most of it like it was just a few months ago. It was fucking amazing,
I went with my 17 yr old cousin Ronnie and his 15 yr old GF. He worshipped Jim Morrison for his singing & poetry, & Robby Krieger for his guitar playing. About 2 yrs later he got drafted into the Army.....then 2 yrs after that he died in Vietnam at the age of 22.

This was one of his favorite tunes, and he was so stoked he got to see them do it that night.
It's also since become one of mine as well.

Great story. The ending gave me the sads, though; sorry to hear about the fate of your cousin.

The Smiths

State Theatre in Kalamazoo.

Me and my girl, 14-15 at the time. She could drive.

led zeppelin GIF