What was the first concert you attended?

Spokane circa 1976ish....Cheap Trick opened for KISS. Stopped listening to AM radio that day.

Areosmith... 1977

aerosmith-world-tour-1977_u-l-q1awvc80.1400x1400.jpg

I was like 5 years old, and it's pretty embarrassing, but Kenny Chesney and Trace Adkins right when both of them were just coming on the scene.

It was pretty cool as a little kid, and the elementary school girls liked my She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy t-shirt, they probably would have liked my I Left Something Turned On At Home shirt too, but the teachers wouldn't let me wear it. But I'd hard pass today.

Last edited:
The Doors....and the Box Tops opened for them.
The Chambers Bros were also on the bill, but they had cancelled earlier in that day due to a band members illness.
It was back in 1968...I was only 13 yrs old then.
We had a blast. I remember most of it like it was just a few months ago. It was fucking amazing,
I went with my 17 yr old cousin Ronnie and his 15 yr old GF. He worshipped Jim Morrison for his singing & poetry, & Robby Krieger for his guitar playing. About 2 yrs later he got drafted into the Army.....then 2 yrs after that he died in Vietnam at the age of 22.

This was one of his favorite tunes, and he was so stoked he got to see them do it that night.
It's also since become one of mine as well.

Gotta say, you seem like a good friend to have. Good taste in music too. Too bad you suck peter.....

tv land lol GIF by nobodies.

First ever - Johnny Cash with my family. I'd guess I was about ... I just know I was too young for my mother to allow me to go to the bathroom by myself. She said I pitched such a fit at her insistence she go with me, she let me think I was going on my own just to shut me up, but she followed me at a distance, unbeknownst to me.

First to which I bought tickets - Van Halen. I worked my way down close to the front, at which point I had a rather traumatic experience. David Lee Roth was wearing his buttless pants. He turned around. Until that moment, I hadn't known guys had hair on their asses.

Ha. When you were sucking amniotic fluid, I was dropping acid.

:beer2:
Early 80's tried it about 5 times, came to an abrupt halt when I met my wife. Kick ass time every time! Saw the Dark Crystal on a couple of hits of window pane at the theater with a couple of buddies and remembered it as the best movies I'd ever seen...Jim Hensen was a genius. 15 years later got my 9 year old son at Block Buster and convinced him it would be 10 times better than the movies he had picked out. To this date I have had few disappointments in life as large. Couldn't even finish it.

First ever - Johnny Cash with my family. I'd guess I was about ... I just know I was too young for my mother to allow me to go to the bathroom by myself. She said I pitched such a fit at her insistence she go with me, she let me think I was going on my own just to shut me up, but she followed me at a distance, unbeknownst to me.

First to which I bought tickets - Van Halen. I worked my way down close to the front, at which point I had a rather traumatic experience. David Lee Roth was wearing his buttless pants. He turned around. Until that moment, I hadn't known guys had hair on their asses.

The thicker the guys' beard is on his face the thicker the hair is on..............shit, you know the rest. My wife's brother can grow a full beard in under 11 minutes; he could get into liquor stores up here at about age fourteen. But damn, the less clothing he's wearing, the more you have people calling 911 to report a sasquatch sighting.

Does attending a concert at Opryland count?

Hell yes. Who did you see?
I don't remember who the musicians were because I was 7 or 8 years old. I just remember my Nana and Granddad taking me down there the summer of '79 or '80.

I was 9 years old.
It was a family thing.

All I really remember was that I needed to use the bathroom because of all the coke's I drank.
You were 9 years old in '69?

I'm not much older than you, but I was out of high school before you started
What he said.

but way younger than you. I think

Blood Sweat & Tears-- sometime in Fall '69

My first concert was KISS when I was 13 years old. We scored some Black Mollies (which were speed back in the day) and we had some good weed. I had a blast. I wish I could go back to that time and do it all again....

Old School Reaction GIF