Poll Where Will Justin Fields Play in 2024?

Where Will Fields Play In 2024?

• Bears

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Falcons

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions back up

• Steelers

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Raiders

• Redskin Commanders

• Broncos

• Vikings

• Saints

• Bucs

• Titans

• Jets back up

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No team, gets addicted to potato salad gaining 90lbs and plays himself out of the league.

• Total voters
No chance RW gives a single fuck about JF, and he is probably pissed off about them picking up JF and maybe having an actual competition for the starting job.
Thetes no reason for Russrll care at all......other than maybe lising that starting position,other than that he doesnt at all.....

Read story earlier,Pittsburgh wants to extend RWs contract.....Thats funny in itslf.

I remain skeptical Fields is the next guy for the Steelers but fuck it for a 6th round back and someone already ahead of him I'm willing to find out.

Fields is shit, bruh.

I think they prolly could've done better than a 6th, but not much. No way I'd give higher than a 4th for him.

You might be able to fleece @Across The Field for better than that, but not me. :wink:
Damn dawg, I leave the country for vacation and come back to this? Cold, man.

I remain skeptical Fields is the next guy for the Steelers but fuck it for a 6th round back and someone already ahead of him I'm willing to find out.

Worst you could do is a 4th next season,plus you are not on the hook for either after this next season.......
Both players are a win/win.......

For me, it has nothing to do with the Bears in particular, more so with the undeserved adulation of the QB position in the NFL. So many bad teams keep chasing the next big shiny object QB available in the draft, and forget that it's a team sport where there's more than one priority position to fill.

Fields's style of play may not have been conducive to long-term success, but the front office knew that going in. There are only ever so many "elite" QBs available in either the draft or free agency. Many, MANY more are simply overrated. At some point, a good GM is going to stop looking for the next Elway, Manning, Brady, etc., with guys like Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, Andrew Luck, Vince Young, etc., and just simply build a winning team with a good enough QB. Seattle did it with Russell Wilson. Baltimore did it with Trent Dilfer. FFS, Chicago did it with Jim McMahon.

This is very easy to say from a person's whose team I can pretty much never remember having a bad QB

This is very easy to say from a person's whose team I can pretty much never remember having a bad QB
Brett Favre was, in many ways, a bad QB. Particularly when he was past it for 2-3 years, and it was clear to everyone but him that he should step aside and let the young Rodgers finally helm the team. And of course, there were all the pre-Favre guys; Don Majkowski and Lynn Dickey are sort of the guys I’m talking about. Jordan Love could be too, though indications are at the moment that he’s above average at least.

Brett Favre was, in many ways, a bad QB. Particularly when he was past it for 2-3 years, and it was clear to everyone but him that he should step aside and let the young Rodgers finally helm the team. And of course, there were all the pre-Favre guys; Don Majkowski and Lynn Dickey are sort of the guys I’m talking about. Jordan Love could be too, though indications are at the moment that he’s above average at least.
Favre was a charismatic high-stakes gambler who won and lost a lot of bets on the field. His big wins were big enough and frequent enough to make him a no-doubter 1st ballot HOFer. I understand where you're coming from with this statement, but I can't entirely agree with it. Watching him play was like watching a formulaic action movie: 1) opening success, 2) trials, 3) failure, 4) overcome, 5) hero wins in the end.

Dickey and Majkowski are the two best Packers QBs to play between Starr and Favre. Dickey was actually a pretty good QB, but played on REALLY BAD teams and had terrible luck with injuries. Majkowski was okay, but compared to his predecessors David Whitehurst and Randy Wright he was a rock star. Wright had a .219 win percentage from '84-'88; you wanna talk bad Packers QBs, his name should be the first one out of your mouth.

Favre was a charismatic high-stakes gambler who won and lost a lot of bets on the field. His big wins were big enough and frequent enough to make him a no-doubter 1st ballot HOFer. I understand where you're coming from with this statement, but I can't entirely agree with it. Watching him play was like watching a formulaic action movie: 1) opening success, 2) trials, 3) failure, 4) overcome, 5) hero wins in the end.
I can’t disagree with almost any of that. Towards the end, #s 3, 4 and 5 were more like a coin flip to see if the mid-sack throw would result in an incredible TD or first down, or else game-ending pick.
Dickey and Majkowski are the two best Packers QBs to play between Starr and Favre. Dickey was actually a pretty good QB, but played on REALLY BAD teams and had terrible luck with injuries. Majkowski was okay, but compared to his predecessors David Whitehurst and Randy Wright he was a rock star. Wright had a .219 win percentage from '84-'88; you wanna talk bad Packers QBs, his name should be the first one out of your mouth.
The point is, no one would say those guys were spec’d as the next Joe Montana and deserved mega contracts in anticipation of their elite feats the way guys are today. Back then, it was common to expect rookie QBs to never start games and to hold clipboards, watch and learn for a season or two. Caleb Williams will be thrown into a trial by fire on day 1 of the regular season, expectations sky high to reflect his draft position.

The point is, for like 30 years, you had 2 QBs, one of which is already in the Hall and the other one will be. Raiders probably had like 20 QBs in that time frame and the only two that were any good were Gannon and Carr.

The point is, for like 30 years, you had 2 QBs, one of which is already in the Hall and the other one will be. Raiders probably had like 20 QBs in that time frame and the only two that were any good were Gannon and Carr.
Use the Steelers then. Guys like Neil O'Donnell, Bubby Brister, Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Mark Malone, etc. were never stud elite guys and just good enough to propel their teams to winning. It just wasn't the same back then, and GMs hadn't yet gotten into the pattern of massively overpaying for one position. Roethlisberger is the first guy for the Steelers who commanded that kind of salary, though while he was very good, it's an easy argument to make that a lot of those teams' success came from good coaching and good defense.

In the modern age, the difference in quality between Dak Prescott, Geno Smith, Brock Purdy and Justin Herbert is not huge, but the salary level is. Brock Purdy will likely demand a massive contract, despite being one of the lowest rated QBs and last man taken in the draft. Is that the wise move for GMs, or is it to speculate that maybe there are other Brock Purdy's out there that can be had for less than 20% of an entire team's annual salary cap?