Poll Where Will Justin Fields Play in 2024?

Where Will Fields Play In 2024?

• Bears

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Falcons

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions back up

• Steelers

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Raiders

• Redskin Commanders

• Broncos

• Vikings

• Saints

• Bucs

• Titans

• Jets back up

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No team, gets addicted to potato salad gaining 90lbs and plays himself out of the league.

• Total voters
Look at the bright side. This morning, you had a pile of shit this high (gestures)

Now, you have a pile of shit nearly twice as high.
Mean Girls Crying GIF by filmeditor

What would it have hurt to keep him? Let him fight for the starting job, which he may have won. Let Calb get his feet wet in the system, and maybe take the reigns when JF gets hurt in 6 or 8. 6th or 4th, is still not much return.

Bro, Caleb Williams is very talented but obviously also VERY emotional. Losing his first camp battle to Justin Fields could easily send him into a downward spiral where he ends up being the second coming of Will Smith’s kid, coming to practice in dresses and make-up and purses and who knows what else.

Not worth the risk.

Still not good to convert first round choices to 5th round picks, 3 years later. Fields, Trubisky, Grossman, uhh McNown... these are not good looks for supposedly the most important position, to waste picks upon, when there is better talent available in the draft.
I never said it was.

I'm not sure where we're going here? Are you trying to convince a Bears fan of the futility at the QB position there, for my entire life? Or that we should've stuck with Fields because of that? I lost where this is going?

Bro, Caleb Williams is very talented but obviously also VERY emotional. Losing his first camp battle to Justin Fields could easily send him into a downward spiral where he ends up being the second coming of Will Smith’s kid, coming to practice in dresses and make-up and purses and who knows what else.

Not worth the risk.
If we are going to suck ass, marinated in bing water, we might as well have the entertainment. The bears could have ruined Patrick Mahomes if they drafted him. Im numb to this bullshit.

Not worth the risk.

THese Lion fans get to sniff one nfccg and they think they can talk smack.......
Pipedown there Don Rickles.....

I never said it was.

I'm not sure where we're going here? Are you trying to convince a Bears fan of the futility at the QB position there, for my entire life? Or that we should've stuck with Fields because of that? I lost where this is going?
For me, it has nothing to do with the Bears in particular, more so with the undeserved adulation of the QB position in the NFL. So many bad teams keep chasing the next big shiny object QB available in the draft, and forget that it's a team sport where there's more than one priority position to fill.

Fields's style of play may not have been conducive to long-term success, but the front office knew that going in. There are only ever so many "elite" QBs available in either the draft or free agency. Many, MANY more are simply overrated. At some point, a good GM is going to stop looking for the next Elway, Manning, Brady, etc., with guys like Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, Andrew Luck, Vince Young, etc., and just simply build a winning team with a good enough QB. Seattle did it with Russell Wilson. Baltimore did it with Trent Dilfer. FFS, Chicago did it with Jim McMahon.

Russell Wilson is short term I believe,pating just a hair over a mill for his services this season is peanuts.
Im guesding the Pitt brass is hoping RW is gonna help JF along in progressing his career...........and then its bye bye Russ.
No chance RW gives a single fuck about JF, and he is probably pissed off about them picking up JF and maybe having an actual competition for the starting job.

I never said it was.

Hes just a cunt

Maybe you’ll get lucky and the Bears draft JJ 1st overall instead.
I can see him (JJ) being the better pro long term TBH. Neither are particularly strong in the mentally tough department but J Mack is definitely thicker skinned and tougher than Williams, at least at this point in their careers.

For me, it has nothing to do with the Bears in particular, more so with the undeserved adulation of the QB position in the NFL. So many bad teams keep chasing the next big shiny object QB available in the draft, and forget that it's a team sport where there's more than one priority position to fill.

Fields's style of play may not have been conducive to long-term success, but the front office knew that going in. There are only ever so many "elite" QBs available in either the draft or free agency. Many, MANY more are simply overrated. At some point, a good GM is going to stop looking for the next Elway, Manning, Brady, etc., with guys like Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, Andrew Luck, Vince Young, etc., and just simply build a winning team with a good enough QB. Seattle did it with Russell Wilson. Baltimore did it with Trent Dilfer. FFS, Chicago did it with Jim McMahon.
It is a team game, but nobody touches the ball more. Nobody can fuck it up quicker. But yer preaching to the choir about good teams with average QBs...I'm the TYSON BEARGENT! guy, remember?:biggrin:

I like what Poles has done so far tho, given the amount of time in. Last year's draft was a thing of beauty. Excited to see what he does this year. Let Poles cook!!:laugh:

Okay then. And you must really have a negative opinion of Fields.

I don’t get it. :shrug:
Yes. He sucks. Can't see the field fer shit.

I'm ok with him gone. I wanted him to be great, but I just don't see it ever happening.