Bad Company
Black Crowes
Sabbath
Ozzy
Motley Crue
Doobie Brothers (1st concert)
KISS (4th concert)
Billy Idol

Can't say that the Dead write great songs but the shows are unforgettable, although my memories are kinda foggy about them, too.

I hear their shows are great,but Im not into going to a concert on my to do list because of the show........I can have just as good of time without it.

I also hear the band Fish has a big following(a Grateful Dead knockoff?).....anyone now of this band if its true.....??

Plus,If I dont like their music,Im not going.

Can't say that the Dead write great songs but the shows are unforgettable, although my memories are kinda foggy about them, too.
Those shows could've been 2 hours of soundcheck, and everybody would be jammin' like it was heaven's harp.

Many of those west coast bands, particularly those of laurel canyon, were actually godawful live, especially early on. If it weren't for LSD, Vito and the Freaks, and very likely, the CIA and Hollywood intervention, there is a good chance they never grow into anything like they did.

With that said, man did I have some fun times at Dead shows. Dump trucks of drugs.

They (those bands) were actually pretty awful in the studio too. A whole bunch of that music should be credited to the The Wrecking Crew.

I hear their shows are great,but Im not into going to a concert on my to do list because of the show........I can have just as good of time without it.

I also hear the band Fish has a big following(a Grateful Dead knockoff?).....anyone now of this band if its true.....??

Plus,If I dont like their music,Im not going.
*Phish.

But, yep, same vibe. I would only say that I like live music more than recorded music and also the the experiences at live shows. Totally different energy. Some bands are built for live shows. Grateful Dead and Phish are 2 of them.

I've never fished for Acid harder, than at a Phish show.

Them and the Dead are not meant to be seen in this realm. lol

Where are the Cars, Hank Jr., Allen Jackson, and Reba ???
The last three are not rock artists. Alan Jackson is a great singer but terrible if you are looking for a performance. If you go in there knowing he is just going to stand there and sing you will be fine

I've never fished for Acid harder, than at a Phish show.

Them and the Dead are not meant to be seen in this realm. lol

My Deadhead roommate used to get a look on his face whenever this came on :laugh:

Who's more overrated? The Grateful Dead or The Beach Boys?
That's a tough question. I think musically the Dead are more overrated IMO

I will also add that even as a life long Stones fan even I admit their lives shows suck

Jeff don't wear regular shoes!!