Who here owns a smoker?

Maybe.

Have to get it level where I’m putting it and you have to do a dry run to season everything. With Father’s Day I might not get it all done but will be smoking soon.

I’ve got an educational curve to get overall as well. Lots of YouTube in my future.
Pictures...

Pork Butt turned out really good. It was a small one but I was afraid to get a big one and not be able to get it done on time.

Very moist and pulled easily now I wish I had done more. Forgot to take a picture because people were over and waiting to eat so I pulled it right after a two hour rest.

Going to try chicken next. If anyone has tips let me know I want to do breast and thighs.

Got a Traeger 3 years ago and love the hell out of it. Already made the standard baby back ribs, brisket, boston butt, and various other dishes. Still have a prime rib roast on my bucket list
We have 2 rectecs a big one for the back porch and a smaller one for our 5th wheel

Pork Butt turned out really good. It was a small one but I was afraid to get a big one and not be able to get it done on time.

Very moist and pulled easily now I wish I had done more. Forgot to take a picture because people were over and waiting to eat so I pulled it right after a two hour rest.

Going to try chicken next. If anyone has tips let me know I want to do breast and thighs.
Spatchcock , pull the skin up and get the rub onto the actual meat. Tuck the wings and smoke.

What are you talking about?

Porter house and tbone are just opposite ends. A porter house is a t bone, but a tbone isn't a porter house.

Beef ribs are amazing,

View attachment 102609
One has a bullshit little piece of tenderloin. The other has a an actual medallion. You can guess which one is the short rib in my analogy.

Here are the Bearded Butchers to explain it all...

Do the whole chicken(s) at once. Fall off the bone delicious!

Try this way. This is how I do it. I season the chicken more...but cook it this way.

Do the whole chicken(s) at once. Fall off the bone delicious!

Try this way. This is how I do it. I season the chicken more...but cook it this way.

I'm probably going to have about 6 people total so I really need to do individual breasts and thighs but they will be bone-in. I'll run it pass the decision maker and see if she will let me do whole chickens but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I'm probably going to have about 6 people total so I really need to do individual breasts and thighs but they will be bone-in. I'll run it pass the decision maker and see if she will let me do whole chickens but I'm not holding my breath on that.

If you do it that way.....the pieces literally seperate themselves. You could just "pull it" like puled pork even.

This is one I did recently...

IMG_2905.JPG

Last edited:
If you do it that way.....the pieces literally seperate themselves. You could just "pull it" like puled pork even.

This is one I did recently...

View attachment 102626
I believe you and I'm going to see if I can sell it.

I was amazed at how the meat fell off the bone of the pork butt I did. I had low expectations going into my first attempt and it was pretty cool how easy it was and how good it turned out. I saw the smoke ring and had a little bit of imposter syndrome going on like did I really do this?

I could see if you think they are the same as a chuck that you haven't had them made right.
I've never smoked em. Maybe I'll try it. Just never seemed worth it.:noidea:

You can put your pricks back in your pants now. :finger: