Who here owns a smoker?

I'm tired of doing dishes. LOL
Yeah I always try to do them as I go along and am waiting for things to cook. It prevents a pile at the end of the day, but makes for a day "damn, I've done dishes nonstop all day".

Yeah I always try to do them as I go along and am waiting for things to cook. It prevents a pile at the end of the day, but makes for a day "damn, I've done dishes nonstop all day".

Same.

It clears up space (counters/sink) and keeps things orderly as I need them.

I've used the same large glass bowl twice last night and three different times today mixing shit. That means I've washed it 6 times. LOL

Same.

It clears up space (counters/sink) and keeps things orderly as I need them.

I've used the same large glass bowl twice last night and three different times today mixing shit. That means I've washed it 6 times. LOL
haha, I actually get a kick out of it when I do that. Saves all the sink and counter room. Then I play back the Stepbrother scene of "look at all the room we have for activities" and chuckle. :dhd:

My wife and I have an arrangement. I’ll do the cooking and she does the dishes. I do clean the smoker myself, though.

My wife and I have an arrangement. I’ll do the cooking and she does the dishes. I do clean the smoker myself, though.
We have the same, whomever cooked the other cleans. I still hate having piles of dishes and things everywhere so I usually clean as I go. That makes it more fair, leaves just the final prep and dishes instead of 24 hours of caked on garbage.

It's a wrap.
193° at 3:38 pm

Stuck to the grate a little so fell apart when taking it off. Only a couple 4 letter words uttered.

It's snug as a bug in a rug in foil for an hour or so before I pull it.

Of course the sample I took from the crease that fell apart was tender, juicy, and tasty. LOL
20221206_154557.jpg

It's a wrap.

Stuck to the grate a little so fell apart when taking it off. Only a couple 4 letter words uttered.

Of course the sample I took from the crease that fell apart was tender, juicy, and tasty. LOL
View attachment 94416
nice bark!

It's a wrap.

View attachment 94416
What’s your opinion on those claws to pull it? I have a pair, but usually get frustrated and just pull by hand.

What’s your opinion on those claws to pull it? I have a pair, but usually get frustrated and just pull by hand.

They're good to lift it off the grate.

I will use them for the initial pull into chunks, then go to a couple large forks to finish it off.

I will use them for the initial pull into chunks, then go to a couple large forks to finish it off.
I have some thick gloves that are rubberized on the outside that I use to pull off the grate and do basically the same with the claws. I can’t imagine pulling the whole thing with them.

I have some thick gloves that are rubberized on the outside that I use to pull off the grate and do basically the same with the claws. I can’t imagine pulling the whole thing with them.

Yep.

I like it shredded a bit more than those claws can do.

I love them for the big work and then flip to forks to finish it.

dang it. I also like to get ninjered

The wife and son got some top round the other day on sale, but didn't know what to really do with it. So with some baby backs I picked up earlier in the week, I decided to throw them both on today at 225 with hickory and charcoal.

Top round for sliced sandwiches with homemade horseradish sauce for lunch and the ribs for an early dinner.

The boy wanted to help, so I showed him how to start the smoker, remove the membrane, and let him do all the rub (pit boss lone star brisket for the top round and sweet heat for the ribs).

20221210_095306.jpg20221210_095735.jpg

Actually decided to cook at 180 instead of 225 for at least until the top round is done. Should keep the beef a little more moist and a little more smoke flavor. Another advantage would add about another hour to the ribs so we can recover a little more from eating lunch, ha.

Flavor was great pulling them off at 135. Going to marinate the other 2.5 pounds overnight to make jerky tomorrow. Gotta that in the freezer now to firm up so I can slice as thin and against the grain as possible. Going for a teriyaki ginger.

Ribs are wrapped with butter, brown sugar, and honey for the next hour+.

20221210_123824.jpg20221210_124618.jpg