• Terry Gilliam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
If someone pointed a banana at your face and commanded you to announce your favorite 'Python', who would you choose?

If you've got a specific reason for your choice, please share it.

Prolly Idle.

Prolly Idle.
It's actually kinda surprising to me that the first response was Idle. Not because it's a bad choice, but because it's likely not the most popular one. Do you have any particular reason for choosing him?

It's actually kinda surprising to me that the first response was Idle. Not because it's a bad choice, but because it's likely not the most popular one. Do you have any particular reason for choosing him?
He makes me laugh?:noidea:

Really tough choice...it's between Palin and Jones for me. Not really based on any quantifiable metrics

Fuck this is tough.

Chapman felt like he had the best range going from being in drag to the humor police. Cleese and Palin had some of the most iconic sketches, Idle might've been the funniest.

Cleese because he also gave us Fawlty Towers.

Monty Python is overrated in my opinion, but it is probably due to my age.
It's a widespread opinion that 'Monty Python' is 'The Beatles' of comedy. They smashed barriers and revolutionized. The Beatles aren't for everyone either, but there's no denying their impact on the world.

Tough choice. Probably a tie between Cleese and Idle for me. But no wrong choices really.

They all brought something unique. Chapman brought the legit leading man good looks and acting chops. Cleese and Palin brought the slapstick and comedic timing. Jones and Gilliam brought the writing and “behind the scenes” mastery. Idle brought the music.

Idle could have been a legit Grammy mainstay with his music skills. The score of the group was, imho, the most iconic thing they brought. Every Sperm is Useful, the Lumberjack Song, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, Camalot…. Legit classics, all.

I believe the artwork between segments was Jones’?? That was a significant contribution as well.