Who Is Your Favorite 'Python'?

• Graham Chapman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Gilliam

• Terry Jones

• Total voters
I believe the artwork between segments was Jones’?? That was a significant contribution as well.
Gilliam was the cartoonist.

I've watched several behind-the-scenes documentaries on the Pythons and learned that Chapman & Cleese often wrote sketches as a team and Jones & Palin often wrote together. Idle & Gilliam kinda floated & often tied things together.

It's a widespread opinion that 'Monty Python' is 'The Beatles' of comedy. They smashed barriers and revolutionized. The Beatles aren't for everyone either, but there's no denying their impact on the world.
And that very well could be, idk. They are a bit before my time and I watched The Holy Grail for the first time a year or two ago because everyone says its incredible, but I only found it semi-funny. Not bad, but not on par with the likes of Naked Gun in my opinion or some of the top comedies of the 2000's.

And that very well could be, idk. They are a bit before my time and I watched The Holy Grail for the first time a year or two ago because everyone says its incredible, but I only found it semi-funny. Not bad, but not on par with the likes of Naked Gun in my opinion or some of the top comedies of the 2000's.
MPaTHG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naked Gun

I believe the artwork between segments was Jones’?? That was a significant contribution as well.
That was Terry Gilliam, the only american in the company

I think the comedies of the late 70s / early 80s were the best comedies ever. Holy Grail, Stripes, Caddyshack, Animal House, Blues Brothers, Airplane, …

I can’t think of anything in the last 20 years that compares. Though the birthing scene in Austin Powers 2 was one of the funniest SCENES I have ever seen…

The Fisher King
12 Monkeys
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Maybe even Brazil?

But minus 12 points for Time Bandits
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

MPaTHG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naked Gun

Naked Gun and all things of that vein like Airplane have zero appeal to me.

Silly obvious humour.

You're a glutton for punishment, aren't ya? :lol:

I don't even think I knew it was Terry Jones until afterward, it was my roommate's selection. For added nostalgia I'm trying to remember if it came from Tower Records or Blockbuster :wink:

to each their own, but imo its the other way around.